As we near the beginning of a new year, our celebrations bring with wistful memories of the past year and excitement for the new beginning to come. Let’s take a refreshing look back at the good things that happened in 2016! We are so privileged to bring you the good news happening in our communities every month.
Here are 16 of our favorite articles in 2016:
- Celebrate the positive things happening in public education! Read about 5 progressive things happening in OKC classrooms.
- Learn about two unique organizations helping Oklahoma foster kids.
- Cheer on these absolutely Incredible Kids living right in the Oklahoma City metro.
- Discover (or rediscover) your love for the "mother road" with our guide to Your Ultimate Route 66 Road Trip.
- Celebrate yourself and other amazing metro moms as you read about last year’s Awesome Moms.
- There are so many places in the metro and surrounding areas to have incredible animal experiences. Discover the possibilities with our guide to Animal Encounters in Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma is full of amazing state parks. Read about one of our favorites: Robbers Cave State Park.
- Take part in one local mom’s child care journey.
- Learn about how local churches are helping local foster kids in this highlight about answering the call.
- Be inspired by our teen bucket list and start planning fun ways to to connect with your kids.
- Find out about some local top spots for horseback riding!
- Learn about the amazing ways teachers are stepping up despite major financial cutbacks in state funding.
- Are you ready to add a furry family member? Find out about the surprising benefits a pet can bring to your kids.
- Discover several exciting ways your family can give back all year long!
- The high-stakes testing of Oklahoma students has long been a concern of educators and parents alike. Read about what the new legislation means for Oklahoma students.
- Need some vacation inspiration? Read about seven things to do with kids in Santa Fe!