8 Great Firework Shows
It wouldn't be an Independence Day celebration without some fireworks. Here are some fantastic July 4th events that feature fireworks in addition to everything you love about summer festivals: games, food, activities, and live entertainment. Find our entire list of Independence Day celebrations in and around Oklahoma City here.
- LibertyFest in Edmond (various locations) features a multi-day community celebration with a patriotic concert, car show, KiteFest, parade, carnival and more. The highlight of the celebration is the fireworks display at Hafer Park on Thursday at 9:30 p.m.
- FREE Red, White & Boom! Independence Day Concert on Wednesday at State Fair Park (3001 General Pershing Blvd) features a free concert followed by a spectacular fireworks display. Bring lawn chairs to enjoy the show. Entry & parking are free. Concert begins at 8:30 p.m.; fireworks, 10 p.m.
- FREE Freedom Fest on Wednesday & Thursday at Chisholm Trail Park (500 W Vandament, Yukon) & Yukon City Park (2200 S Holly, Yukon) is a two-day festival honoring veterans while celebrating with the community featuring live music, rodeo, children’s decorated bike contest, car show, barbecue cook-off, stunt show, triathlon, swimming, hot dog eating contest, free watermelon and ice cream. Fireworks will kick off at 10 p.m. on July 3 & 4.
- FREE Norman Day Celebration on Thursday at Reaves Park (2501 Jenkins Ave, Norman) includes fun activities like a doggie parade, inflatables, food vendors and live music all leading up to a fireworks show starting around 9:45 p.m.
- FREE Celebration in the Heartland 4th of July Festival on Thursday at Buck Thomas Park (1903 NE 12, Moore) features live entertainment, vendors, food, inflatables, children's activities, music and car show. Activities start at 10 a.m. and culminate with an impressive fireworks show at dusk.
- FREE Bethany Freedom Festival on Thursday at Eldon Lyon Park (7400 NW 36th, Bethany) celebrates our nation's independence with a parade, pony rides, inflatables, carnival rides, games, festival food, car show, shopping, live music and fireworks. 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- FREE Tribute to Liberty on Thursday at Joe B. Barnes Regional Park (8700 E Reno Ave, Midwest City) features acoustical entertainment, food trucks and fireworks. Activities, 6 p.m.; fireworks, 9:45 p.m.
- FREE OKC 4th Fest at RIVERSPORT Adventures on Thursday (800 Riversport Dr) features fun activities including a full day of whitewater rafting and adventures including a local DJ, lawn games, food trucks and fireworks starting at 9:45 p.m. Admission is free but participation prices vary. Parking is $10.