Did you know Shawnee is home to Oklahoma’s only mummy? Until you can come, get the family together to make these cute and tasty mummy dogs!
- 8 hot dogs
- One can of refrigerated crescent rolls
- Candy eyes (optional)
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate into 4 rectangles. Press perforations on the rectangles to seal.
- With a knife or kitchen scissors, cut each rectangle length-wise into 10 pieces so you have 40 total strips of dough.
- Wrap 4 strips of dough around each hot dog to look like bandages, making sure to leave room at the top for the “face.”
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven according to the crescent roll package instructions.
- Allow to cool slightly and make “eyes” out of candy eyes, peppercorns or dabs of Ketchup, barbecue sauce or mustard. Then enjoy!
Perfect for a summer staycation or day trip, Shawnee is just 45 minutes from downtown OKC and full of shopping, restaurants and family fun, including the Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art (where you’ll see that mummy!), Citizen Potawatomi Nation Cultural Heritage Center, Santa Fe Depot & Pottawatomie County Museum, plus much more. Plan your adventure at VisitShawnee.com.