Fortunately for our taste buds (but perhaps unfortunately for our waist lines!), the holiday season is the perfect time to enjoy a tasty dessert. From holiday parties, family get-togethers and other celebrations, there are many occasions that require a sweet treat—but sometimes busy holiday schedules don’t allow it to be homemade. We polled our readers for their favorite places to pick up a pie, cake or other holiday dessert. Here, in random order, are their recommendations:
- LaBaguette Bakery (7408 North May & 2 locations in Norman; www.labaguette.com)
- Sweets and Spurs (215 34th Ave SW, Norman; www.sweetsandspurs.com)
- Othello’s Italian Restaurant (Norman & Edmond; www.othellos.us)
- Eileen’s Colossal Cookies (1333 N Santa Fe, Edmond; www.eileenscookies.com)
- Cookies n Cards (115 12th Avenue SE, Norman; www.cookiesncards.com)
- Jubilee Market Bakery & Boutique (835 SW 119th; www.jubileemarketokc.com)
- Ingrid’s Kitchen (3701 N Young; www.ingridskitchen.com)
- Caffe Pranzo (9622 N May Ave; caffepranzo.publishpath.com)
- Pioneer Pies (2201 SW 74th; www.pioneerpies.com)
- Sweete Memories Specialty Cakes (6501 N May; www.sweetememories.com)
Thanks to Sara R., Anne D., Angel P., Stacy M., Roxy K., Holly G., Jessie F., Amanda W., Cindy D., and Kristen M. for contributing to this list. Visit www.facebook.com/metrofamily to share your thoughts on next month’s list.
Have a place you’d like to suggest? Comment below!