Cooler temperatures, beautiful foliage and seasonal events make fall the perfect time to plan a fun family getaway. We recently polled our readers for their favorite places for a fall getaway. Here, in random order, are their recommendations:
- Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge (SW Oklahoma, near Lawton)
- Talimena National Scenic Byway (Ouachita Mountains in SE Oklahoma)
- Arbuckle Mountains (south-central Oklahoma)
- Woolaroc (Osage Hills of NE Oklahoma)
- Beavers Bend State Park (southeast corner of Oklahoma)
- Robbers Cave State Park (Sans Bois Mountains, SE Oklahoma)
- Alabaster Caverns State Park (NW Oklahoma near Freedom, Oklahoma)
- Oklahoma WONDERtorium (308 W Franklin Ln, Stillwater)
- Chickasaw National Recreation Area (Arbuckle Mountains in south-central Oklahoma)
Thanks to Andee J., Shana H., Barb H., Crystal V., Annie F., Jessica D., Kaylee R., Stephanie B. and Denise P. for contributing to this list.
Follow us at www.facebook.com/metrofamily to weigh in on next month’s list. Have a place you’d like to suggest? Comment below!