Celebrate the month of love by sharing kindness with your family, friends and community! Here are five simple ways to spread kindness this Valentine’s.
- Take part in Random Acts of Kindness Day on Feb. 17. Spend the day intentionally looking for ways to pay kindness forward in your community and reflect on how spreading kindness made you feel.
- Share love and affirmation with your family members. Create a jar for each member of your household and fill them up with special notes and uplifting words that reaffirm a positive perspective and highlight individual strengths.
- Play a cooperative, team-building game like this Simon Says twist, Kind Kim Says by Coffee and Carpool blogger Nicole.
- Share stories of kindness by reading inspiring children’s books like The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwig, Horton Hears A Who by Dr. Seuss or The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein.
- Care for the animals living outside of your home. Learn about the ways your family can be conservationists in your own neighborhood.
For even more ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day with kids, check out these 11 budget-friendly crafts, snacks and activity ideas.