Ginger Spice Cookies
Looking for a tasty treat that is fun to make with the kids? Look no further than these yummy ginger spice cookies!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup mild-flavored (light) molasses
- Date or Turbinado sugar
- Combine first 6 ingredients in medium bowl; whisk to blend. Mix in crystallized ginger. Using electric mixer, beat brown sugar, coconut oil, and butter in large bowl until fluffy. Add egg and molasses and beat until blended. Add flour mixture and mix just until blended. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter 2 baking sheets. Pour sugar in thick layer onto small plate. Using wet hands, form dough into 1 1/4-inch balls; roll in sugar to coat completely. Place balls on prepared sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies until cracked on top but still soft to touch, about 12 minutes. Cool on sheets 1 minute. Carefully transfer to racks and cool. (Can be made 5 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)
Recipe courtesy of Deanna Norris.