With the Super Bowl quickly approaching, Made in Oklahoma Coalition (MIO) offers the perfect treat to kick off your watch party. Get in the game, and root on your favorite team with this cheer-worthy Cinnamon-Glazed Party Mix.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: One hour
Yield: 10 cups, approximately
- Five cups Shredded Wheat Cereal
- Three cups Cheerios Cereal
- Two cups chopped Oklahoma pecans
- Two and one-third cups Griffin Cinnamon Roll Syrup
- One and one-half cups brown sugar
- One and one-fourth cups Hiland Salted Butter
- One teaspoon Griffin Vanilla Extract
- One and one-half teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine syrup, brown sugar and butter in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- Stir syrup mixture, then microwave 30 seconds longer or until mixture boils.
- Carefully remove mixture from microwave, and stir in vanilla and baking soda. Mixture will bubble and foam.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine cereal and pecans. Pour syrup mixture over the cereal and pecans, tossing and stirring until well coated. Spread mix evenly onto a well-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and spread mixture onto a large cookie sheet. When party mix has cooled, break into bite size pieces and enjoy!
- Tip: In order to maintain freshness, store party mix in an airtight container.
You can find more recipes on the MIO website, www.miocoalition.com.
Made in Oklahoma Coalition (MIO)
The Made in Oklahoma Coalition promotes brand awareness and consumer loyalty for Oklahoma food and agricultural products through collective marketing for the purpose of increasing sales, maintaining business retention and expanding Oklahoma’s food and agricultural processing sector. MIO represents more than 30Oklahoma food and agricultural manufacturers that employ over 20,000 Oklahomans statewide. The coalition is supported by both private and public funds. For more information, please visit www.miocoalition.com.