Rose State offers a variety of summer camp opportunities to build your child’s imagination, creativity and knowledge. Kids College is designed for children going into grades 1st–6th. The Teen Scene program is geared specifically for preteens and teens going into grades 7th–10th.
Rose State College will host Kids College and Teen Scene classes online this summer. The new format allows for students to safely learn and have fun with wacky instructors teaching STEM, cooking, art, sports and other educational topics. Classes will start as scheduled on June 8 and run through Aug. 7. But instead of face-to-face learning, students will go on Facebook to retrieve the daily lessons and meet up with Kids College host Kathy Gentry. Ms. Gentry, an instructor with the Mid-Del School district, will lead participants through daily fun facts, at-home projects, and lessons.
Students can access the FREE learning via the Kids College Facebook page at Rose State Kids College & Teen Scene. Parents can also go to the Kids College website at www.rose.edu/kids to see a schedule of offerings for each week.
- June 8-12: Cooking with Amanda Bennett
- June 15-19: STEM with Tami Sanders
- June 22-26: Sports with Matt Weinrich
- June 29-July 3: America/Patriotic with Ambra Smith
- July 6-10: Aerospace with Magi Whitaker
- July 13-17: Animals with Lisa Pitts
- July 20-24: Art with Danita Hollins
- July 27-31: Weather with Beth Brown
- Aug 3-7: Oklahoma with Kathy Scruggs