Using ice during playtime is a great way to stay cool during the summer. This project allows kids to be ice excavators to remove fun toys from balls or chunks of ice. It's a two-step process to freeze the item and then remove it from the ice, which means extra time being entertained!
- Glass baking dish
- Assorted bowls or balloons
- Assorted waterproof toys
- Excavation tools like a spray bottle, fork, turkey baster or dish scrubber, salt, water gun
- Fill the dish or balloon with toys.
- Add water over the toys or fill up balloon and tie off.
- Place in freezer overnight or until frozen.
- Once the ice is frozen, remove it from container.
- Place the ice blocks outside on a cookie sheet or pan and let children free the toys up using different utensils.