The best part of this craft is the freedom it allows for kids to make any kind of design or look they desire. A white coffee filter is the perfect canvas for whatever they can imagine!
- Coffee filter
- Spray Bottle
- Pipe cleaner
- Use markers to color the coffee filter. Make squiggles and designs.
- Place the filter on a glass plate. Use the spray bottle to lightly mist the coffee filter until the colors start to blend.
- Let the filter dry.
- Fold the filter in half and then half again, resulting in a triangle shape.
- Wrap the pipe cleaner around the tip of the filter.
- Pull the filter apart to make a flower.
- Make a butterfly by taking the dry filter and twisting the pipe cleaner in the middle of the coffee filter to make wings. Use the tips of the filter to make antennae.