This was one of those recipes when I went to the store without a list. That is usually a mistake because I wander aimlessly around the store and end up buying all sorts of yummy snack stuff that has nothing to do with dinner. Thankfully, I was able to stay focused on this trip and—thanks to 79 cent mangos—came up with what turned out to be a great dinner.
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs. Teriyaki sauce
- 1 mango, seeded and chopped
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 1 handful basil, chopped
- 1/2 box rice noodles
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- sea salt
- Combine chicken and 1 cup Teriyaki sauce in a zip lock bag and let marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add marinated chicken and sauce.
- Cook until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. While chicken is cooking heat a pot of water to almost boiling. When the water is about to boil turn off the heat and add half a box of rice noodles. Stir and heat in water for 1 minute. Add spinach to water and noodles and allow spinach to wilt, about 1 minute. Drain and add noodles and spinach to chicken.
Add 2 Tbs. Teriyaki sauce, mango, parsley and basil. Combine well. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Serve immediately.