Teachers and parents, don’t forget that fall pumpkin patches and mazes kick off soon and run through the end of October in most cases. Find hay and corn mazes, pumpkin patches and games and more at Oklahoma’s fun farms.
Teachers can make use of the Teachable Moments category to find farms with a field trip and educational component for groups.
- At Wild Things Farm, wristband tickets include the hayride, corn maze, petting zoo, mulch mountain and pie pumpkin. Individually priced activities include pony rides, cow train and corn cannon. The last two Fridays and Saturdays in October are fun filled nights. Join us from 7-9 pm for a hayride in the dark and then explore the maze by flashlight or moonlight. Firepits are available for an additional fee and we provide the wood. It’s always a fun time at Wild Things Farm, Pocola, OK.
- T.G. Farms’ locations in Newcastle and Norman are now open for the Pumpkin Patch Experience. Entry fee includes your choice of a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch. Also enjoy the hayrides, petting zoo, corn maze, concessions, hay maze, tricycle races and pony rides ($4). Visit the general store for great fall produce and decorations such as straw, corn stalks, gourds, corn and a sea of pumpkins.
- Chester’s Party Barn and Farm in Piedmont is ready for you and your family with great activities and a pumpkin patch. Admission price gets each person one pony ride, one pumpkin, hayride, sand box, petting zoo, (zoo food sold separately) giant slide, games such as pumpkin bowling, karaoke, 3-acre Mystery Maze and more… The farm offers 25 acres of family fun and new this year is The World’s Largest Ant Farm.
- Annabelle’s Fun Farm, located in Welch, has lots of fun on the farm planned for this fall including a great selection of specialty pumpkins and train and hay rides. New to Annabelle’s this year, is the Cedar Patch Mining Co. Visitors will be able to mine for real gems, emeralds, crystals, and even arrow heads. The mine will accommodate 39 miners at a time. Everyone keeps what they find. It’s fun for everyone and educational as well. Also for the first time at Annabelle’s Fun Farm, see Tom the Turkey and engage in the pony hop races!
- At Jahn’s Pumpkin Hill, near Cyril, see how pumpkins are grown and the many different size and learn about farming, ranching, farm animals, and find out how food gets from our farm to your plate. Get close and pet a variety of farm animals in the petting zoo. Look for cows, horses, chickens and other animals. Keep an eye out for Goaty the Goat and hungry calves that might need a bottle.
- Come spend some quality time with your family and friends at Oklahoma’s Daze in a Maze, Marshal, OK. Try to find your way through a 300,000 sq. ft. living Field Maze. Six colored flags, an observation bridge and four exits are there to help you. For extra fun, navigate the mazes on Saturday night with a flashlight! Pumpkins, of all kinds, are available for purchase.
- P_Bar Farms in Weatherford has unique offerings including a hayride to the pumpkin patch that is a favorite with visitors. Also enjoy the petting zoo, playground, 10-acre cornfield maze, laser tag barn and Haunted Maze after dark.