MetroFamily is all about promoting ways to bring the family closer together. What better way to do it than through family games, activities and experiences that create memories? Here are a few of our favorites items that encourage closeness with the ones we love most.
- Harlem Globetrotters tickets: We always love experiences as gifts more than anything, and a night watching the Harlem Globetrotters is certainly an experience! Whether you’re a basketball fan or not, you can’t help but get into the game with this team. Spectacular performances and stunts are on full display for a night your family is sure to remember! Five 4-packs of tickets for the Aug. 21 game in OKC (valued at $110 per pack) will be available to win through the Kids Fest adventure tour hashtag contest.
- National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum: Was the last time you visited this museum back when you went with your grandparents? Dust off your boots, folks, and enjoy the newly revitalized National Cowboy Museum. Art, culture, history and fun collide, and the new children’s playscape named Liichokoshkomo, is truly a sight to behold. One family membership (valued at $65) will be available to win through the Kids Fest adventure tour hashtag contest.
- Blowfish Malibu Canvas Shoes: Tag, you’re it! Togetherness doesn’t have to be complicated. Slip on your favorite sneakers and enjoy a game of chase with the kiddos! Bonus if your shoes are cute AND machine washable. One pair of the Tie Die Shoes (size 7) and one pair of Sweet Gray Washed Shoes (size 12) will be available to win through the Kids Fest adventure tour hashtag contest (valued at $40 each).
- The Bench by Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex: If you’re like us, you cannot put into words the special relationships between parents and children. Meghan captures the alliteration perfectly in The Bench, as she describes the special relationship between father and son, as seen through a mother’s eyes. One The Bench book (valued at $12) will be available to win through the Kids Fest adventure tour hashtag contest.
- Mechanics Magnetic Motion Chain Reaction set and Geomag Magicube recycled shapes: Whether you have a toddler or a “big kid,” problem solving together stimulates children’s creativity and inventiveness. These STEM.org certified toys are so fun, plus a great way to learn together. One Mechanics Magnetic Motion Chain Reaction set (valued at $30) and one Geomag Magicube recycled shapes set (valued at $50) will be available to win through the Kids Fest adventure tour hashtag contest.
- Pocket Math flashcards box set: Wait a minute, math can be fun? Create a game of learning with a full set of 600 pocket-size addition, subtraction, multiplication and division flashcards ideal for elementary school students in kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grades. This is a great game for road trips, too! One Pocket Math flashcards box set (valued at $45) will be available to win through the Kids Fest adventure tour hashtag contest.
- Popongo board: Ski ball meets cornhole in this fun and active outdoor game! Get the whole family involved, from littles to teens, and enjoy at the beach or in the back yard. OnePopongo board set (valued at $160) will be available to win through the Kids Fest adventure tour hashtag contest.
- The MyFirst Sketch Book: If you travel often or live further away from your loved ones than you would like, you need this in your life. The iPad-like design encourages creativity in art that you can keep digitally forever, plus it’s a great intro to the field of design! This is a guilt-free tech toy, and so fun! One MyFirst Sketch Book (valued at $100) will be available to win through the Kids Fest adventure tour hashtag contest.
- Stay at Gaylord Texan Resort: Lastly, who doesn’t want a vacation getaway that is truly relaxing and enjoyable? Lake Grapevine is an easy long weekend drive and a short consolation for the fun included. One Summer Fun Getaway Package from the Gaylord Texan Resort (2-night stay including brunch and all fees, valued at $80) will be available to win through the Kids Fest adventure tour hashtag contest.
We hope this gives you some inspiration for fun over these last few weeks of summer. Here’s one more idea: Kids Fest is back with a fun new theme, plus it’s all FREE! On July 24, families are encouraged to go on a “Kids Fest Adventure Tour” to discover new attractions and businesses and have fun together at our vendor and sponsor locations. Pick up your Adventure Tour map at one of five starting locations around the metro from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., and post all the fun on Instagram using the hashtag #kidsfest2021 AND tag @metrofamilyokc for your chance to win one of the 15 prizes!
Interested in joining Kids Fest as a vendor or sponsor? Sign up here!
Stay tuned for more information on Kids Fest 2022!