Motherhood is hard and those first few years can be a daze of amazing exhaustion. To help new moms, we've rounded up some local services that just might save some sanity!
We all wish for a way to pack more hours into a day, but new moms take this to a whole other level. Enlist some help by outsourcing!
- Services like Shipt, Whole Foods’ grocery delivery and Walmart’s grocery pick-up let someone else do the grocery shopping for you and that can be a lifesaver when you are knee-deep in parenting.
- Does school pick-up time conflict with your baby’s nap time or are you sidelined from driving due to a c-section or other medical procedure? In steps LiftUp Kids. It’s like Uber for kids! Founded by a mother-daughter duo, LiftUp Kids can help you with the complex puzzle that is your children’s transportation needs. With scheduled and on-demand pick up services just for kids, there is no need to fret about who is picking up Suzy today.
Navigating the intense challenges of caring for a baby can be overwhelming. Enhance your village!
- The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center has a new service to support new moms. Bump to Baby & Beyond offers support that includes one-on-one help from a team of maternity health nurses on anything from pregnancy nutrition to how to successfully pump when you return to work and more. Services are offered as bundled packages or a la carte.
- We all know that babies don’t come with an instruction manual. Birth Matters offers classes to take some of the stress away by covering such topics as breastfeeding, choosing a doctor, babyproofing and calming a crying baby.
- Thrive Mama Collective offers a variety of services including lactation counseling, postpartum concierge services, massage, newborn photography, mama meet-ups and more.
In order to operate at their best, moms need fuel! Treat yourself with services that will come right to your door!
- Has your baby switched night into day? Fuel that third shift with delivery! Smokies Midnight Express will bring wings, mac and cheese, salads, burgers, sandwiches, pizza, pasta, biscuits and gravy and more, to your door in the Edmond area until 2:30 a.m.
- Nothing will help you get through a late-night play date like baked goods. Insomonia Cookies will deliver warm, delicious cookies or brownies (and ice cream, too) to homes in the Midtown and surrounding areas (coming soon to Norman) until 3 a.m.