Added to the stress of the coronavirus pandemic, food insecurities are likely to rise for vulnerable families as many businesses have had to make the difficult decision to close their doors. If you would like to help or are in need of assistance, the following community food and meal resources are available in the OKC metro.
Editor’s note: This is a working list last updated May 6, 2020. If you know of a resource not listed here, please email email@example.com.
Regional Food Bank resources
Feed the Children – Mission OKC
8125 N. Classen, Ste E, Oklahoma City
- Providing door-to-door lunches for families in need
- Visit www.feedthechildren.org to learn more.
Oklahoma Hospitality Essential Care Package Program
The Oklahoma Restaurant Association (ORA), Oklahoma Hotel & Lodging Association (OHLA), Feed the Children and Crossings Community Church are partnering to announce ‘Phase One’ of an Essentials Package guaranteeing more than 400 non-perishable food and personal care packages to Oklahoma City hospitality workers who are unemployed due to COVID-19 layoffs. Each care package contains a 25 lb. box of non-perishable food and a 12 lb. box of personal essentials. Donations will be distributed on April 15 from 10am-12pm at Discovery Church, 900 E. Main Street in Yukon, and Oklahoma City hospitality employees are encouraged to register in advance through the Feed the Children’s Hospitality Essential Care Package portal.
Pandemic of Love
This national non-profit helps people in need with groceries, utilities and more. Visit www.pandemicoflove.com/help to learn more.
Edmond Mobile Meals, serving homebound individuals
Edmond Public Schools will provide free meals at seven locations to any child 18 and under. Children must pick up their meals in person or drive-thru (Ida Freeman and Sunset only) at the following locations at the following times:
- Ida Freeman Elementary School, 12:30-1:00pm, drive-thru available
- Sunset Elementary School, 12:30-1:00pm, drive-thru available
- Reed’s Landing Apts, 10:30-11am
- Uni-City Mobile Home Park, 11:30am-noon
- Lamplighter Mobile Village, 10:30-11am
- Coffee Creek Apts, 11:30am-noon
- Windrush Apts, 12:30-1:00pm
- Angie Debo Elementary, 12:30-1:00pm (beginning April 20)
- Frontier Elementary, 12:30-1:00pm (beginning April 20)
- Heritage Elementary, 12:30-1:00pm (beginning April 20)
- Northern Hills Elementary, 12:30-1:00pm (beginning April 20)
- Orvis Risner Elementary, 12:30-1:00pm (beginning April 20)
Midwest City Public Schools – Breakfast and lunch served from 9:30-11am. Meals can be picked at the following locations for any child 18 and under.
- Soldier Creek Elementary
- Midwest City Elementary
- Midwest City High School
- Highland Park Elementary
- Del City High School
Moore Public School – “Grab & Go” free meals will be available for pick-up outside of the school facilities, from 11am-1pm at the following Moore Public School locations: Apple Creek, Bryant, Central, Fairview, Houchin, Kelley, Kingsgate, Northmoor, Plaza Towers, Santa Fe, Sky Ranch, Southgate, Winding Creek, Central JH, Highland West JH, and Moore West JH. Meals are available to all students.
Norman Public Schools – Beginning Wednesday, March 25, free meals will be provided to any child 18 years and younger. The grab-and-go meals including lunch and breakfast for the next day will be distributed every weekday between 11am-1pm in the car line at every NPS school site. Families who drive to the school are encouraged to stay in their car.
4224 N Lincoln Blvd
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Items available include diapers, formula, wipes, and shelf-stable food for toddlers (canned fruits/veggies, pasta, beans, etc.) Anyone needing services should call 405-528-3663 to schedule a same-day appointment.
Harding Fine Arts Academy is providing breakfast and lunch to any students age 18 and under, regardless of where they are enrolled. HFAA will be serving on the south side of the building on Hill Street from 7:30am – 12:30pm on weekdays.
KIPP OKC College Prep is providing breakfast and lunch to any students age 18 and under, regardless of where they are enrolled. KIPP OKC College Prep will be serving grab and go meals in front of the building at 8400 N. Robinson Ave. in Oklahoma City from 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. on weekdays.
Oklahoma City Public Schools will provide grab & go meal options for breakfast and lunch to individuals 18 and younger. Both meals can be picked up at the same time. All meal pick-ups will occur outside schools or at regional locations via a District vehicle. Look for OKCPS signage. No students or families will be allowed in the building.
Please note, all meal service will be suspended on Monday, May 11, and Tuesday, May 12, so district teams can organize our meal sites and staff.
School Curbside Grab & Go Hot Meal Service Locations – 10am-noon
- Adams Elementary – 3416 SW 37th St.
- Adelaide Lee Elementary 424 SW 29th St.
- Arthur Elementary – 5100 S Independence
- Britton Elementary – 1215 NW 95th St.
- Frederick Douglass High School – 900 N Martin Luther King Ave.
- Heronville Elementary School – 1240 SW 29th St.
- John Marshall Middle School – 2401 NW 115th Terrace
- Kaiser Elementary – 3101 Lyon Blvd.
- Martin Luther King Jr. – 1201 NE 48th St.
- Prairie Queen Elementary – 6609 S Blackwelder
- Quail Creek Elementary – 11700 Thornridge Road
- Roosevelt Middle School – 2401 NW 115th Terrace
- Spencer Elementary – 8900 NE 50th St.
- Thelma R. Parks Elementary – 1501 NE 30th St.
- US Grant High School 5016 S Pennsylvania Ave.
School Curbside Grab & Go Meal Service Locations – 10am-noon
- Eugene Field Elementary – 1515 N Klein
- Monroe Elementary – 4810 N Linn
- Shidler Elementary – 1415 S Byers
- Willow Brook Elementary – 8105 NE 10th St.
Off-Site Grab & Go Service Locations:
- Youngs Park – 4610 S. Youngs – 10 am to 10:45am
- Wiley Post Park – 2021 S. Robinson Ave. – 10 am to 10:45am
- Woodson Park – 3403 S. May Ave – 11:15 am to noon
- Stanley Hupfeld Charter School – 1508 NW 106th St. – 11:15 am to noon
Oklahoma Youth Literacy Program is providing Grab & Go meals and snacks for school aged children. Pick up is available Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – noon & 3 – 5:30 p.m. at 3663 N Lottie Ave. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 405-601-3055.
Putnam City Public Schools – Curbside breakfast and lunch available at every school except three. Capps will be served curbside at Central Elementary, and PCN will be served at the NE Shopping Center at 3663 N Lottie Ave.
Western Heights School District child nutrition staff will prepare a sack lunch and a sack breakfast for students aged 0-18. The food will be loaded onto buses that will run a modified route with modified stops. We will be able to feed everyone under the age of 18 who are at the stops.
Yukon Public Schools – Sack breakfast and lunches will be available for pick-up only in the drop-off lanes at Central, Myers, Independence, Lakeview, Ranchwood, Shedeck and Surrey Hills as well as Welcome Home and Neumayer communities. Pick-up will be between 7:30-8:15am (breakfast) and 11:15am-12:30pm (lunch) each weekday.
For even more family-focused resources and information, visit our Coronavirus resource guide.