Baseball games are a favorite American pastime. In Oklahoma City, a game at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark is a favorite family destination. The Oklahoma City Dodgers roll out the red carpet for families at every Sunday home game. Kicking off thirty minutes before the on-field action begins, the stadium is teeming with family friendly fun. And the best part? It’s all included in the price of your ticket. So, put on your Dodger blue and take your crew out to the old ball game.
Here are five ways to make the most of all the game day fun:
1. First, make your way to the first base mezzanine to proudly sport your team spirit in the form of face paint. Then, indulge your creative side at the craft station located behind right field. Families can color and draw spirited signs and decorate mascot paw prints. You’ll have likely met Brooklyn and Brix as they ready fans for action at the Johnny Bench Plaza outside the stadium.
2. Now that you’ve got your game face on, test your skills as a prospect at the inflatable games. Find out just how much heat you can bring in the pitching game. Or, challenge mom or dad to a giant game of ski ball. Either way, the spirited competition is another option to fuel up on fun.
3. Burn off some more of the game day excitement by bouncing in the inflatables or climbing in the brand new play areas, one of which is made specifically for the youngest of fans. The toddler play area is covered to keep the tots cool and offers low, soft structures for safe exploration. All, of course, are baseball themed. For more adventurous kids, a two-story permanent structure provides a bird’s eye view of the stadium and slides for a quick return to ground level.
4. As the players take the field, you can scout your perfect spot. The ballpark offers a variety of family friendly seating choices to suit any fan from traditional seating, a spacious lawn for those who want to stretch their legs a little to a 4Topps option that includes all-you-can-eat food and beverages brought right to your table with a clear view of the on-field action.
5. After the game, kids get the chance to be a part of the game and run the bases like the pros. The line begins during the 8th inning behind sections 115 and 116. Head over early to shorten your wait to round the bags.
If you aren’t able to take in all of the Chaparral Energy Family Sunday action before the game or want to enjoy the excitement after the first pitch, many of the activities continue until the seventh inning. General admission tickets start at just $8, making your day at the ballpark budget-friendly, as well. The Dodgers have several Sunday home games remaining this season!
- May 14 vs Fresno Grizzlies
- June 4 vs Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- June 11 vs Round Rock Express
- June 25 vs Nashville Sounds
- July 16 vs New Orleans Baby Cakes
- July 30 vs Tacoma Rainiers
- Aug. 13 vs Round Rock Express
- Aug 27 vs Omaho Storm Chasers
Visit www.okcdodgers.com to purchase your tickets today.
Looking for more family fun? Search our comprehensive daily calendar.