What a year! We brought you thousands of events on our print and online calendar, handy directories for family fun, birthday parties, after-school activities and more. Here are 10 favorite articles we published in 2015:
- 10 Strong: Local Moms Help Kids Battling Cancer tells the heartwarming story of a group of moms who add a lot of cheer to the lives of cancer patients at the Children's Hospital at OU Medical Center.
- Read This Before Selecting Child Care provides tips from real parents for narrowing down what day care is right for you. Read it to discover important information about the variety of options available in the Oklahoma City area. The article is accompanied by a searchable guide to top child care providers.
- 5 Great Spots to Camp with Kids got us excited about camping year-round with the family. This article provided practical tips for going camping with little ones and provided five favorite places to explore.
- Alone at 18: Aging Out of the Foster System describes how Oklahoma City organizations and child welfare workers are handling children who are aging out of foster care. It's part of a 12-month foster care initiative.
- 10 Reasons to Visit Tulsa makes you want to hop in the car and get acquainted with Oklahoma's second-largest city.
- Dig In: Tips for Starting Your Family Garden was part of a series about teaching kids to garden. The article shared practical advice for starting your own garden at home. Other articles in the series provided information on a local community garden with classes for families and kid-friendly recipes for using your fresh produce.
- 10 Ways to Give Back This Season put a spotlight on 10 Oklahoma City metro organizations in need of help from volunteers.
- The State of After-School Activities in OKC reveals how local kids are spending the hours between school release and their parents getting off work. The article is accompanied by a helpful guide for getting your kids enrolled in an enriching activity.
- Top State Parks for Oklahoma Families provides the perfect guide to introducing your little ones to nature. Written by a local mom, article highlights top natural attractions in our state and gives handy tips for navigating them with the family.
- Meet 9 Cool Metro Dads put a spotlight on real local dads just in time for Father's Day. We also loved highlighting great moms in our Real Moms series.
We're so grateful to all the readers who followed along with us throughout the year. Here are a few things we're looking forward to sharing with you in 2016!