We all know that parenting takes a village. In the face of difficult challenges, support from those who have been there can be a saving grace. Below you will find a listing of groups in the metro area for a variety of families and situations. Since meeting dates and activities sometimes vary, please contact the group directly for more information.
Autism Oklahoma (405-315-6337, autismoklahoma.org)
- Offers parent groups throughout the state for parents with a child with autism.
Bethesda, Inc. (405-364-0333, bethesdaok.org)
- Offers resources to heal the trauma of childhood sexual abuse through treatment, education, and prevention.
Calm Waters (405-841-4800, calmwaters.org)
- Offers free grief and divorce support groups for children (3 – 18 years of age) and their families. Calm Waters also offers co-parenting seminars in-person and virtually that fulfill state requirements.
NAMI Oklahoma (1-800-583-1264, namioklahoma.org)
- Facilitates support groups, conducts education programs and seeks to increase understanding and awareness of mental illness.
Oklahoma Autism Network (okautism.org)
- Connecting parents raising a child with ASD.
Oklahoma Family Network (405-271-5072, oklahomafamilynetwork.org )
- Connects individuals with special health care needs and disabilities, their families and professionals to services and supports in their communities.
Oklahoma Parents as Teachers (parentsasteachers.org)
- A FREE, voluntary parent education program designed to foster an early partnership between home and school.
Parents Help Parents (405-696-4357, parentshelpingparents.info)
- Offering resources, education and support for families dealing with a child of any age abusing alcohol or drugs.
Single Parent Network (405-917-1817, facebook.com/SingleParentSupport/supportforsingleparents.org)
- Offering mentoring, education and support groups for single parents.
Smart Start Oklahoma (405-429-4219, smartstartok.org)
- Focuses on early childhood education and school readiness.
Thrive Mama Collective (405-365-MAMA, thrivemamacollective.com)
- Offers a variety of counseling and support groups for moms.
If you are looking for even more ways to connect with local parents, explore our list of organizations for moms.