For the past decade, the Jif Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich Contest has been inviting families to share creativity in the kitchen by creating unique peanut butter sandwiches for a chance to win a $25,000 college fund.
In honor of the 10th Anniversary, Jif is announcing exciting new elements including an additional $10,000 in educational prizes for the winner and the chance to enter online!
More info about the Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich Contest:
- Contest is open to 6-12 year olds
- Visit www.jif.com and www.jifenespanol.com before October 12 to enter and for official rules
- Sandwiches will be judged on the following criteria: creativity, taste, nutritional balance, appearance and ease of preparation
- Ten semi-finalists will be selected to compete in a national online vote in January 2012
- Five finalists will be selected to compete at a live judging event in New York in March 2012
- Four runners up will each receive a $2,500 college fund
- One winner will receive a $25,000 college fund.
Last year’s winner, Margalit Mermelstein, age 8, of Raleigh, NC, created Wushu Chicken Tacos, which pair Jif Creamy Peanut Butter with chicken, asparagus and squash, wrapped in a tortilla.
Also, the “That’s Why I Choose Jif” contest gives parents a chance to share stories about the choices they make for their families.
Adults can visit www.Jif.com to submit an essay of 250 words or less answering one of the following questions:
1. How do you make the best choices for your family?
2. Why do you choose Jif Peanut Butter?
One grand prize winner will win a four-day, three night trip to New York to serve as a judge at the 10th Annual Jif Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich Contest finale event in March 2012.
Visit www.jif.com for more information.