This recipe is a “go to” for MetroFamily’s Publisher Sarah Taylor. She shares this quick and tasty meal for those nights when you want a fresh take on both traditional lasagna and Mexican favorites!
- 1 lb low fat hamburger meat
- 17 oz canned corn, regular or white, drained
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 T chile powder
- 1 1/2 t cumin
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 16 oz. cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 t oregano
- 1/2 t garlic salt
- Grated Cheddar cheese
- 10-12 corn or flour tortillas
- Brown hamburger meat; drain.
- Add corn, picante, chile powder and cumin.
- Stir, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix eggs, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, oregano and garlic salt in large bowl.
- In lightly greased 9X13 inch pan, lay half of the tortillas, then half meat mixture, then all of the cheese mixture.
- Finish with remainder of tortillas, then meat mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- During last 10 minutes, add cheddar cheese on top.
- Serve with picante sauce, chopped tomatoes and sour cream.
- Freezes well.