Story times are a great way to help your young child develop listening skills, reinforce early learning concepts such as colors, numbers and shapes and help nurture a love of reading. We polled our readers for their favorite places to go to story time in the OKC metro and here are their recommendations:
(The following information was last updated Jan. 17, 2020)
- Metropolitan Library System (various locations) – See website for ongoing schedule.
- Pioneer Library System (various locations) – See website for ongoing schedule.
- Preschool Story Time at the Mustang Public Library (1201 N Mustang Rd, Mustang) – Mondays, 9:30 & 11 a.m.
- Reading Wednesdays at the Myriad Botanical Gardens (301 W Reno) -Wednesdays, 10 a.m.
- Tuesday Story Times at Mabel C. Fry Public Library (1200 Lakeshore Dr, Yukon) – Thursdays, 11:15 a.m.
- Storybook Hour at Cuppies & Joe (727 NW 23rd St) – First & third Saturdays, 10 a.m.
- Saturday Story time at Full Circle Book Store (1900 NW Expressway) – Saturdays, 10:15 a.m.
- Littles Story Time at Commonplace Books (1325 N Walker Ave) – Saturdays, 10:30 a.m.
- Children’s Story Time at Best of Books (1313 E Danforth Rd, Edmond) – Saturdays, 11 a.m.
- Story Time at Barnes & Noble Bookstore (6100 N May Ave) – Saturdays, 11 a.m.
Have a place you’d like to suggest? Comment below!
For a story time near you, check out our guide to story times in the metro!