My quest continues for uses of overripe bananas. We go through a lot of bananas in our house. They are the perfect snack for little hands, but we have a lot of bananas whose fate is brown and unwanted before they can be enjoyed by my little monkeys.
This week I came up with yet another banana muffin recipe. This one has a little less sugar than my previous recipes and feels a little more healthy thanks to the oats.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 Tbs. wheat germ
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 6 Tbs. butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. honey 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup cinnamon flavored apple sauce
- raw sugar
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Beat together, in a mixer, butter, brown sugar and honey until creamy. Add the eggs. Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture, little by little, until thoroughly combined.
- Mash bananas and mix in apple sauce. Fold bananas/apple sauce into batter.
- Place paper liners in muffin tin and fill muffin cups almost to the top. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with a little bit of raw sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
For more from Stephanie, visit her blog at www.hugskissesandsnot.com.