As we near the beginning of a new year, our celebrations bring with wistful memories of the past year and excitement for the new beginning to come. Let’s take a refreshing look back at the good things that happened in 2018! We are so privileged to journey through the year with you and bring you the good news happening in our communities every month.
Here are 18 of our favorite articles in 2018:
1. We made a resolution to have even more family fun this year! What did your family check off of our 2018 OKC Bucket List?
2. Oklahoma is a young state but our history goes much further back. Explore prehistoric Oklahoma with our feature on must-see attractions for history and dinosaur lovers.
3. Vacationing offers so many benefits for families, but traveling abroad can come with a hefty price tag, especially for families with multiple kids in tow. Get inspired by this article filled with ways to experience world cultures right here in OKC.
4. Get to know Amanda Taylor and journey with the News9 anchor on her road to motherhood and beyond.
5. Over the past 20 years, it’s been our job to help point families to the best places to spend time together. Here is a fun look at the 20 places that have been mentioned the most in our pages over the years.
6. Heroes come in all shapes and sizes and Oklahoma City is home to hundreds of non-profits working tirelessly for our community. To celebrate our 20thanniversary, we highlighted 20 local non-profits that have been especially helpful to families in Oklahoma City.
7. Brian and Maris Russell did not set out to have seven children, or to form a family band. But one thing led to another and now the homesteading family makes up the Celtic band RussellClan.
8. We are so excited about a new trend popping up all over the metro. More and more local parks are making upgrades and adjustments to make them more inclusive to kids with disabilities. Take a look at these all-inclusive playgrounds for every age and ability!
9. One of our favorite annual features is our Awesome Moms contest. Take a look back at the amazing women we featured this year and celebrate your own awesomeness.
10. While the need for foster parents is great, we have been honored to highlight those who have already answered the call. Find hope in these families’ stories as they share about the joy in the midst of the challenges.
11. Dads don’t often get to be in the spotlight so we really love our annual dad feature. This year, we introduced you to Jeremy Sanders, a dad of four and the CEO of Upward Transitions.
12. Oklahoma host celebrations in every corner of our state all year long. Take a look at our favorite festivals and indulge in Oklahoma’s unique bounty.
13. Shopping local has never been more fun! Take a look at these one-of-a-kind shopping destinations in the Oklahoma City metro.
14. It isn’t just the adults making an impact on our city. Read this piece about how local eighth grades tackled the issue of raising the minimum wage in OKC.
15. Motherhood is unique as the women that step into the role. Find out what it’s like to be a surrogate mom.
16. Quick trips can be easy on the pocket book but they don’t have to light on family fun. Less than two hours from Oklahoma City, Tulsa is an oasis for families brimming with kid-friendly attractions.
17. Navigating parenting is no easy task and frightening statistics and alarming headlines can be an overwhelming reminder. Local experts helped parents tackle the importance of teaching body safety.
18. For our readers trying to be more conscious of where and how they spend their, we wanted to help guide you to some products worthy of your open wallet. Learn more about products made by local moms.
Want even more? Sign up for Weekend Picksand our other e-newslettershereto be sure you don't miss a thing!