These little morsels are monstrously moist and delicious.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces good quality dark chocolate, coarsely grated
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Coat two cookie sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
- Mix pumpkin, honey and vanilla in a small mixing bowl; set aside.
- Mix flour, oats, ground spices and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture; Stir until well incorporated.
- Stir in grated chocolate.
- Shape dough into 2-inch balls; place 3 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Coat the bottom of a flat-bottomed glass with cooking spray.
- Press each dough ball to a ½ to ¾ inch thickness.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes or until cookies are still slightly soft when pushed in the center.
- Cool on racks and store in an airtight container.