If you’re like me you always have a few bananas hanging around that are destined for the trash. Nobody wants that mushy brown banana…unless it’s in a muffin. This is the prefect mix of health and sweet.
The mini chocolate chips don’t seem as overwhelming as a regular sized chocolate chips so the guilt factor is way down. Always a plus. Add the almond flour and wheat germ and you can convince yourself that this is a healthy snack (almost).
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 ground cloves
- 6 Tbs. butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffins tins with paper cupcake cups.
- Whisk together first 9 ingredients.
- In a mixer (or with a hand mixer) cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add dry ingredients and mix until completely combined. Add eggs and applesauce. Combine well. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until a inserted toothpick comes out clean.
For more from Stephanie, visit her blog at www.hugskissesandsnot.com.