Berry Pops (Makes 6 servings)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Saucepan and blender
- Wooden spoon and hot pad, cookie sheet
- Paper cups, aluminum foil, popsicle sticks
- 1/3 cup berry juice blend
- 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin
- 1 ½ cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 ¼ cups frozen unsweetened berries
To Make Berry Pops:
- Place the juice in a pan and sprinkle the gelatin over it, Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until gelatin crystals dissolve.
- Remove the pan from the heat and place on a hot pad.
- Mix the yogurt, berries, and warm gelatin mixture in a blender. Secure lid and blend until smooth.
- Fill six-ounce cups with the blended mixture and cover each with a sheet of aluminum foil. Place the cups on a cookie sheet.
- Insert the popsicle stick in each cup by making a slit in the foil.
- Place the tray in the freezer and freeze until hard.
- Peel away the paper and enjoy!
Serving size: 1 Popsicle
Fat: 1 g
Protein: 3 g
Recipe created by: Nicole Selinsky, RD, Nutrition Director
Camp Pocono Trails (www.newimagecamp.com)
Photo Credit: Jo Ann Chaus