As our kids pass through yet another phase of life, we are reminded that their carefree childhood days are numbered. Let’s relish in the days still to come and make this summer count with the help of this list of summertime fun for teens and tweens, packed with all the makings for the ultimate summer for older kids.
- Check out some teen-focused fun at a local library. From live action gaming, after-hours laser tag to Minecraft and more, the Metropolitan and Pioneer Library Systems have plenty of things to keep teens active all summer long.
- Hit up a metro street festival to enjoy shopping, live music, food truck fare and more.
- Make new friends and life-long memories at a summer camp.
- Give back to the community with one of these family volunteering opportunities in the Metro.
- Keep cool at a local pool.
- Nothing says summer like snow cones! Share some quality time over a delicious icy treat from a local favorite snow cone stand.
- Catch a flick at an outdoor movie venue.
- Enjoy some tunes under the stars at one of the many concerts happening in local parks across the metro.
- Break out your bikes for a summer ride at one of our editor’s picks of top biking spots.
- Take in some classic films brought back to the big screen at Harkins Theatre’s Tuesday Night Classics.
- See some of their favorite artist live at the Zoo Amphitheater.
- Plan a weekend getaway and explore our great state. If they are old enough, kick back and let them do the driving!
- Put on your dancing shoes and hit up the seasonal plaza turned urban dance floor at Dancing in the Gardens.
- Get your adrenaline pumping at a new OKC adventure destination like RIVERSPORTS Rapids or iFLY.
- Make memories together at a summer festival.
Looking for even more summer fun? Check out our summer fun resources and our searchable calendar, both packed with family fun every day! Or sign up for Weekend Picks and our other e-newsletters to be sure you don’t miss a thing!