In addition to being an effective form of self-defense, Taekwondo is a great fitness activity for an individual or for the whole family. Taekwondo training will improve all students, young and old, strengthening minds and bodies. Students are placed in programs by level of skill.
LITTLE DRAGONS (AGES 4 - 5) - These classes are focused on fun activities to help young children develop coordination, agility, focus, while learning basic taekwondo techniques.
TRADITIONAL TAEKWONDO (6 & UP) AND (12 & UP) – These classes are FAMILY FRIENDLY and are segmented based on beginner, intermediate and advanced level of skill. The curriculum has been refined by Master Kim and consists of the following elements:
- Stretching – Flexibility is a key part to the physical development of our students.
- Calisthenics – Students will be taught unique exercises developed by Grand Master Kim for general fitness.
- Foot and Hand Techniques – Traditional Taekwondo techniques that involve striking and blocking with the hands and feet. Drills involving these techniques provide an excellent aerobic workout and build endurance.
- Self-Defense – Practical self-defense applications developed and refined by Grand Master Kim.
- Sparring – The sport aspect of Taekwondo. The purpose is to score points by striking certain areas of an opponent’s body. Students are required to wear protective gear.
- Knowledge – Students will learn Korean terminology, along with philosophical aspects of Taekwondo.
- Values: The five tenets of Taekwondo are:
- Indomitable Spirit
- Attitude – This is the most important aspect of our curriculum. Our goal is to improve the overall attitude of our students.
2019 Family Favorites Winner - Martial Arts Studio