2019 Cover Kids Search
Could your child be the next Cover Kid?
We're looking for OKC area kids ages 2 to 12 with bright smiles and fun personalities to participate in this year's Cover Kids Search.
About the Event:
Date: Sunday, October 7
Time: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. (All participants must check in by 3:30p.m.; see below for the schedule)
Held for all Cover Kid Search participants and their families.
Here's how the Cover Kids Search works:
• Register your child (or children) for the project between August 13 and September 21 (fee required of $25 for one child; $50 for up to five entries of children in the same household). The six categories of the search are: 2-3 year olds; 4-5 year olds; 6-7 year olds; 8-9 year olds; 10-12 year olds; siblings and multiples (sibling groups can include only kids ages 2 and up) REGISTER HERE.
• Attend a family fun event at the Myriad Gardens on Oct. 7, 1-5 p.m., where the entire family can enjoy fun activities and the kids entered will have their photo taken by our official photographer, Foto Arts Photography. All entrants will also get to meet MetroFamily staff during an easy "interview" so we can get to know each child's interests and personality.
• After the event, you will receive a mock cover, a digital version of your child on MetroFamily cover, provided by our official photographer, Foto Arts Photography.
• The first 100 entering families in the project will receive a swag bag AND tickets to visit the Crystal Bridge that day (Oct. 7) without charge, a $26 value for a family of four.
• If your child is chosen as one of the 2019 Cover Kids, he/she/they will be asked to also serve as an ambassador for MetroFamily at our events and in the magazine, as well as participating in a community project. NOTE: Our intention is that this would be a fun opportunity to serve others; each family can determine their own level of participation.
NOTE: The following tells how you'd enter if it's before the Sep. 21 deadline. However, we are accepting families after that date and who want to enter the day of the event. Late registration fee is $35 for one entry and $70 for two or more entries in the same family. Just come on to the Park House at Myriad Gardens at 3:30pm to register. Call 405-818-5025 if you have questions.
Must be at least 2 years of age to enter the siblings and multiples category even if an older sibling is entered.
Check out this video showing previous year's Cover Kid Search event:
Scheduled times on Oct. 7 (tentative, final times will be posted closer to event):
2-3 year olds 1:00-2:15
4-5 year olds 2:15-3:00
6-7 year olds 3:00-3:30
8-9 year olds and 10-12 year olds 3:30-4:15
These times are approximate.
NOTE: Siblings and Multiples and those who have entered more than one category will have their children's photos taken at the same time so please come for the youngest child's photo time. For example, if you have entered kids in the 4-5 age group, 6-7 age group and entered the sibling category, all three photos will be taken in the 4-5 age group time slot. When it's your time for a photo, you'll get all of your family's entries taken.
IMPORTANT: Please be aware that no makeup is allowed for the event/mock cover photo shoot OR for the photo shoot for the six covers that feature the category winners. Also, no hats, sunglasses, masks or other items that obscure the child's face are allowed for the event photo shoot. We want to see your child and his/her beautiful smile and face in its "natural" state!
If your child is selected as one of the Cover Kid Ambassadors, be aware that photo shoots will be coordinated with MetroFamily's official photographer and no hair or makeup styling will be provided for the photo shoots.
Look for more details to come! We look forward to meeting you and your child at our Cover Kids event.