Tackling the after-Christmas Letdown
Creating a fun "Family Night" is one of the ten ideas for family fun in between Christmas and New Years.
With all the anticipation and excitement of the holidays, the few days after Christmas can seem a little bare. Here are ten ways to beat the holiday blues and have MORE family fun in OKC. Fill your family time in between Christmas and New Year’s with these 10 fun ideas.
- There is nothing like getting outside and active to beat the holiday overload. Try ice skating!
- When it turns nasty outside and you still have kids climbing the walls, here are some ideas of indoor places to try.
- Start training and challenge your family to complete the 5K on New Year’s Eve.
- You can’t beat trips to the OKC Zoo and Science Museum Oklahoma. Get half price Zoo admission on Two for One Tuesdays.
- Take in a family movie. Our readers have voted the following theaters as being the best in our Family Favorites recognition program: AMC Theaters, Cinemark Tinseltown, Moore Warren Theatre.
- Check out our readers’ favorites for parks, hiking trails and places to explore nature: Martin Park Nature Center, Arcadia Lake (Edmond), Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge (near Lawton), Hafer Park (Edmond), Mitch Park (Edmond), Myriad Gardens and Lake Hefner.
- Have a Family Fun night. Take advantage of the great COUPONS for pizza at Papa Murphy’s in our December issue and select fun games to play, movies to watch, crafts to make, etc.
- Treat the family to a special musical presentation of ELF, on stage at the Civic Center Music Hall from Dec. 27-31.
- Take advantage of the final fun of Downtown in December with a free Water Taxi Ride and snow tubing among other fun activities.
- Make plans for a fun OKC New Year’s Eve here.