Tackling the after-Christmas Letdown
With all the anticipation and excitement of the holidays, the few days after Christmas can seem a little bare. Here are ten ways to beat the holiday blues and have MORE family fun in OKC. Fill your family time in between Christmas and New Year’s with these 10 fun ideas.
- There is nothing like getting outside and active to beat the holiday overload. Try ice skating!
- When the weather is frightful but you still have kids climbing the walls inside, here are some fun indoor places to try.
- Challenge your family to complete a 5K on New Year’s Eve or one in the new year.
- You can’t beat trips to local museums like Science Museum Oklahoma or Oklahoma City Museum of Art. Kids 17 & under get FREE admission at Oklahoma City Museum of Art during winter break.
- Take in a family movie. Our readers have voted the following theaters as being the best in our Family Favorites recognition program: AMC Theaters, Harkins Theatre Bricktown, Cinemark Tinseltown & Moore Warren Theatre.
- Explore a new metro park, hiking trail and other place to explore nature for a winter-time scavenger hunt.
- Have a Family Fun night. Take advantage of the great COUPONS from our partners or select fun games to play, movies to watch, crafts to make, etc.
- Kick up your heels at Skate Galaxy. The rink is open special hours during winter break.
- Take advantage of the final fun of Downtown in December with a free Water Taxi Ride, snow tubing or other fun activities.
- Make plans for a fun OKC New Year’s Eve here.