Since 1998, our passion has been to help OKC/metro area parents be more successful and have more fun with their families. Each monthly issue includes the area's best calendar of family events and quality editorial that supports family relationships. Just as valuable to parents is the connection to MetroFamily advertisers who provide important local family services and products.
Each month, 35,000 copies of the magazine are distributed in Edmond, NW OKC, Nichols Hills, South OKC, Moore, Norman, Yukon and Midwest City. Over 500 distribution sites help us reach approximately 75,000 loyal print readers each month.
Find us at
- all public libraries
- all Jimmy's Eggs locations
- all Crest stores
- all Homeland stores in the metro area
- all area YMCAs
- all area Papa Murphy Pizza locations
- Whole Foods
- extracurricular activity businesses
- private schools and day cares
- medical offices and hospitals
- retail stores
Click here for a list of our bigger distribution locations.
Learn more about how to use our popular calendar here.
Read our Statement of Beliefs—the driving force behind what we do.
Subscribe to MetroFamily Magazine and have it delivered to your mailbox each month.*
Email us with an idea for a future distribution location.
Email us with ideas for editorial, including press releases, public relations inquiries, and writer inquiries.
Click here for our Writer's Guidelines.
Click here to find our Website and E-Commerce Policies.
Submit an event to our popular calendar of events, both in print and online.
318 NW 13th Street, Suite 101
Oklahoma City, OK 73103
Director of Business Development & Customer Success
Shelly Sanderson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hannah Schmitt, email@example.com
Lindsay Cuomo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy Alberty, email@example.com
Athena Delce, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dana Price, email@example.com
Jessica Misun, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our national award-winning, interactive web site is visited by approximately 100,000+ visitors each month and provides the following:
- Quality parenting information
- A place for idea sharing and community
- A comprehensive calendar (add your organizations’ events!)
- Exploring Oklahoma with Children ideas
- Subscription area for our weekly Weekend Picks, and Top Picks e-newsletter, bringing the best of upcoming family events to your inbox.
MetroFamily Magazine reaches out to parents and the community by providing quality events, including:
- Parent University events, where parenting experts and authors from around the country share valuable parenting advice and tips to parents, teachers, counselors and other family advocates.
- Kids Fest, which includes booth vendors, hands-on activities, entertainment on the stage, and more, all focused around family fun and learning about local resources.
MetroFamily Magazine is an award-winning member of Parenting Media Association (PMA), an association dedicated to enhancing the quality of parenting publications throughout the US and internationally. MetroFamily's publisher, Sarah Taylor, is past-president of this organization.
*Delivery policy: For subscriptions that are purchased for MetroFamily, delivery can be expected during the first 10 days of the month for that month’s issue. The magazines for subscribers are sent as soon as they are received from the printer.