MetroFamily's 2013 Kids Fest
Dear MetroFamily Readers:
It is hard to express our sincere gratitude for all who made Kids Fest 2013 such a great success. Our sponsor, K12.com/Virtual Oklahoma Charter Academy, vendors, our MetroFamily staff and volunteers who were incredible troopers, the "characters" who roamed the crowd, Dawn to Dusk Inflatables, OKC Barons, our wonderful stage entertainers…. And to all those who attended (about 8000 of you), we thank you for coming and hope you had a fun family time.
We're already making plans for Kids Fest 2014 so if you have ideas, let us know!
Again, thank you to everyone who contributed to making Kids Fest a great success!
Mark the date for OKC’s premier family fun event!
Saturday, March 23, 2013
10am to 4pm
Oklahoma State Fairgrounds
(Oklahoma Expo building)
Admission is $5 for adults and children age 18 & under are FREE!
MetroFamily's Kids Fest will unite families, businesses and service providers for a lively, full-of-fun event unmatched in the OKC area. A high-energy expo atmosphere, entertainment on the stage, inflatables, roaming costumed characters, great door prizes and much more!
Join us at Kids Fest for:
- Booths featuring dozens of needed family resources
- Hands-on activities utilizing art, creativity and learning
- Family-friendly stage entertainment—including a performance at 10:30am by local band Chasing James!
- Roaming characters (bring your camera!)
- Fabulous door prizes
- Fun for EVERYONE!
Thanks to our Gold Sponsor:
Print this Money-Saving Coupon
(Click on the image above for a printer-friendly image)
Everything You Need to Know about Kids Fest:
- Kids Fest will be held Saturday, March 23, 10am–4pm at the Oklahoma Expo Building on the Oklahoma State Fairgrounds.
- Enter the State Fairgrounds from Gate 5 off of May Avenue. The Oklahoma Expo building is west of the Cox Pavilion building and the Space Needle.
- Concessions will be available at the building and are provided by the State Fair concessions; expect typical fair food. Located near the Oklahoma Expo building is the Capital City Cafe, where families can find more variety of food.
- Families will enjoy hands-on activities at the various vendor booths, non-stop entertainment, inflatables, a petting zoo by Extreme Animals, Safety Village by Safe Kids Oklahoma, face painting, roaming characters from Forever After Parties and much more!
- Stage entertainment will delight your entire family. (See schedule below)
When you arrive, the first thing to do is sign up for door prizes from our vendors AND get your Grand Prize drawing “gold” ticket to complete before you leave. When you do, you’ll be eligible for one of seven great prizes, including:
- A trip for four to Branson, MO courtesy of the Branson CVB (value of over $1,000);
- A trip for two to the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine, TX (value of over $600);
- A $300 VISA gift card courtesy of OECU.
- Note: You must be present to win a door prize; you do not have to be there to win a Grand Prize. All three prizes will be awarded at the end of the event.
- Kids are FREE; adults (18 & up) are $5 each (cash only). Coupon is available below (for $1 off up to two adults)
- Parking is free.
- An ATM machine is available at the Oklahoma Expo building, but does have a surcharge.
Enjoy the non-stop entertainment at Kids Fest
From live music to drama, hands-on science demonstrations and more, enjoy these great performances at Kids Fest!
Kids Fest 2013 Stage Schedule*
- 10:30 Chasing James (kindie band)
- 11:00 ICAN (Intervention Child Advocacy Network) drumline
- 11:30 Oklahoma Children’s Theatre performance
- 12:00 Spaghetti Eddie (kindie band)
- 1:00 ICAN dancers
- 1:30 Mad Science
- 2:00 Academy of Dance Arts
- 2:30 April Vickers/Clint Kirby & band (Disney songs)
- 3:00 ICAN vocalists
- 3:30 Okie Stompers
* Performance schedule subject to change.
And the entertainment doesn’t end on the stage. You and your children will be greeted by many roaming characters, including famous princesses you will recognize courtesy of Forever After Parties, team mascots and even Rossi the Approval Poodle, a therapy dog and star of her own book. Parents: Don’t forget your camera!
Attention Businesses: Connect to thousands of local families at Kids Fest!
Be part of the fun and connect with local area parents in a powerful way by being a booth vendor or sponsor of this premier event. You won’t find a more cost-effective face-to-face opportunity to reach families. (And did we mention that it will be FUN?)
Contact us TODAY! 405-601-2081 or firstname.lastname@example.org