2012 Guide to Holiday Lights
Nothing quite captures the true spirit of the season like twinkling lights of every color—and the Oklahoma City metro area offers some splendid opportunities to gaze in wonder at beautiful holiday lights. Get caught up in the magic of the season with these breathtaking holiday light displays in and around the OKC metro.
[Editor's Note: If you know of a beautiful holiday light display that you would like to have included, please email the listing information to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below.]
Don't forget to check out our Winter Break Camp Guide, Holiday Fun Guide, Guide to Finding Santa in the OKC Metro & our Guide to Giving Back this holiday season.
November 16 • December 30
- FREE Holiday Lights Spectacular at Joe B Barnes Regional Park (SE 15 & Century, Midwest City) features a twinkling winter wonderland of lights featuring 85 displays accessible from family vehicle or romantic horse drawn carriage ride. Call for information about booking carriage rides. Sunday-Thursday, 6-10pm; Friday-Saturday, 6-11pm. www.midwestcityok.org/holiday-lights.
November 17 • December 31
- FREE Christmas in the Park at City Park, Chisholm Trail Park & Freedom Trail Playground in Yukon offers a drive through a three-park complex with over 125 visual displays, 100 acres of illuminated magic and more than 4 million twinkling lights. Visitors may drive, walk or ride a train through the lights. Donations accepted. 6-11pm nightly. 354-8442, www.cityofyukonok.gov.
- FREE Crystal Christmas at Crystal Beach Park in Woodward features lighted walking tours, live nativity, visit with Santa and pictures with Santa. See website for schedule. 6-10pm nightly. 256-7411, www.woodwardchamber.com.
November 21 • December 30
- FREE Kingfisher in Lights at Kingfisher Park showcases over 80 lighted and animated displays featuring over two million lights including a lighted historic 1903 swinging bridge. Miniature train and horse-drawn carriage rides available. Sunday-Thursday, 6-10pm; Friday-Saturday, 6-11pm. 375-4445, www.kingfisherinlights.com.
November 22 • December 31
- FREE Festival of Light in Chickasha is a top ten nationally recognized holiday light show featuring over 3.5 million lights, a computer animated light show, carriage rides, pictures with Santa and cinnamon rolls. Donations accepted. 6-11pm. 224-9627, www.chickashafestivaloflight.com.
- Christmas Kingdom at the Castle in Muskogee features inflatables, lighting display, hayrides, petting zoo, carriage rides, holiday movies, Santa Claus, the Grinch, and crafts. FREE to drive through. Thanksgiving-New Year’s Eve, 6-10pm. 918-687-3625, www.okcastle.com.
November 23 • December 23
- Wonderland of Lights at Woolaroc includes a spectacular display of more than 600,000 lights, wagon rides, live entertainment, snacks and Santa Claus in the museum. Friday-Sunday, 5-9pm. 918-336-0307, www.woolaroc.org.
November 23 • December 24
- Stone Christmas Lights (7881 Lindsay Lane, Edmond) features a 9 X 15 HD video screen and roughly 16,000 LED lights coordinated to Christmas music. Tune your car radio to 100.9 FM to hear the coordinating music. Sunday-Thursday, 6-10pm; Friday-Saturday, 6-11pm. www.stonechristmaslights.com.
November 23 • January 1
- FREE Automobile Alley Lights on Broadway (4th to 10th on Broadway) features more than 150,000 LED lights draping the historic buildings of Automobile Alley. Dusk to dawn. 235-3500, www.downtownindecember.com.
- FREE OG&E Garden Lights at the Myriad Botanical Gardens features beautifully illuminated gardens. 235-3500, www.downtownindecember.com.
- FREE OneMain Financial's Canal Lights on the Bricktown Canal features gorgeous holiday lights accessible by foot or Water Taxi. 235-3500, www.downtownindecember.com.
November 24 • December 29
- Christmas Lights Up the Farm at Orr Family Farm (14400 S Western, OKC) features a lights display enjoy able by train as well as hot chocolate and homemade fudge. $8.50 per person. Fridays & Saturdays, 5:30-9pm. 799-FARM, www.orrfamilyfarm.com.
November 26 • December 31
- FREE Chickasaw Cultural Center Christmas Lights (867 Charles Cooper Memorial Drive, Sulphur) features dozens of displays featuring traditional Christmas themes in a FREE drive-through display. 5:30-9pm. 580-622-7130, www.chickasawculturalcenter.com.
December 1 • December 31
- FREE Edmond Christmas Light Displays at Downtown Edmond, Spring Creek Plaza, Spring Creek Village, First Baptist Church, UCO and OC Campuses. www.visitedmondok.com.
Through January 31
- Lights of Awareness Display at INTEGRIS Health Edmond (4801 Integris Parkway, Edmond) features a 42-tree display in nine different colors. Each color represents a disease that affects countless Oklahomans each year including red for AIDS, pink for Breast Cancer, white for Lung Cancer, light blue for Prostate Cancer, royal blue for Colon Cancer, green for Kidney Cancer, yellow for Bladder Cancer, orange for Leukemia and purple for General Cancer Awareness.