2012 Guide to Fall Fun Events in the OKC Metro
Are you looking for MetroFamily's 2013 Fall Fun Guide? Click here to find current Fall Fun events and programs!
Please note: The information below is from 2012.
Are you planning fall adventures for your family? Looking for fun trick-or-treat events? Seeking the perfect pumpkin patch? Our 2012 Fall Festivals and Events List provides information about great events going on in the OKC metro area. Since it is a working list, be sure to stop by often for new listings.
[Editor's Note: If your organization has a fall or Halloween-themed event that you would like to have included, please email the listing information to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below.]
[Please note: there was an error on page 42 of our October issue, indicating that the Terror on 10th Street Haunted House is free. Please note the correct pricing information below. We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this error has caused.)
Looking for fall break camps? Visit our 2012 Fall Break Camps Guide for more!
Also, enter our Fall Fun Giveaway for your chance to win tickets to Halloween events, pumpkin patches and more!
[Make your visit to the Pumpkin Patch fun and educational with our printable Field Guide!]
September 15 • November 1
- TG Farms (4335 W Highway 9, Norman) features tractor drawn hay rides, petting zoo, hay maze, hay jump and slide, corn maze, tricycle race track, duck pond, pony rides, pick your own pumpkin patch, concession stand, general store and more. $8 per person Monday-Friday 9am-4pm, $10 per person Monday-Friday 4pm-dark & Saturday-Sunday. Open daily, 9am-dark. 387-3276, www.tgfarms.com.
September 22 • November 3
- The Orr Family Farm (14400 S Western, OKC) features hayrides, a pumpkin patch, corn maze and fun fall activities. Admission includes hayride and a free sugar pie pumpkin for children. Some activities may require additional fees. $10.50 per person (Monday-Thursday), $12.50 per person (Friday-Saturday) plus tax. Monday-Thursday, 10am-6pm; Friday-Saturday, 10am-9pm. 799-3276, www.orrfamilyfarm.com.
September 26 • October 31
- WINGS Fall Festival (13700 N Eastern, Edmond) features pumpkins for sale, FREE hayrides, pumpkin decorating, fall decorations and WINGS Gift Shop. All proceeds benefit WINGS. Monday-Saturday, 10am-5pm; Sunday, noon-5pm (until pumpkins are gone). 242-4646, www.wingsok.org.
September 27 • October 31
- St. Matthew United Methodist Church Annual Pumpkin Patch (300 N Air Depot, Midwest City) Story times available. Proceeds benefit local missions and non-profits. Monday-Saturday, 9am-8pm; Sunday, 12-8pm. 732-6831, www.stmatthew.org.
September 27 • November 4
- Parkhurst Pumpkin Patch (720 Henney, Arcadia) includes hay rides, cornfield maze, fun fort, petting zoo, flower maze, pumpkin maze, pony rides, firepits for roasting and more. Cash or check only. $8 general admission. Thursday, 1-6pm; Friday-Saturday, 10am-8pm; Sunday, 1-6pm. 396-0909, www.parkhurstpumpkinpatch.com.
September 29 • October 31
- Wild Things Farm (700 Beaty, Pocola) features corn maze, flashlight maze and pumpkin patch. Saturday, 10am-6pm; Sunday, 12-4pm. 918-626-4053, www.wildthingsfarm.com.
- Pumpkin Patch at Southern Hills Christian Church (3207 S Boulevard, Edmond). Proceeds benefit the church's Children's and Youth programs as well as Habitat for Humanity. 10am-7pm daily. 341-0766, www.southernhillschristian.org.
- Pumpkin Patch atMcFarlin United Methodist Church (419 S University, Norman) supports adult choirs and student ministries. Monday-Saturday, 9:30am-7pm; Sunday, noon-7pm. 321-3484, www.mcfarlinumc.org.
September 29 • November 3
- Mikles Family Farm Maze & Pumpkin Patch (42610 N Wolverine, Shawnee) includes 5 Acre Maze and Mini Maze, giant jumping pillow, hayrides, barrel train rides for ages 4-11, farm animals, games and more. Pumpkins, farm animal food, corn cannon, pumpkin painting, face painting and campfires available for extra fee. $9 adults, $7.50 ages 3-11 & 65+, FREE ages 2 & under. Cash only at concessions, pumpkins and souvenirs. Fridays, 6-10pm; Saturdays, 11am-10pm; Sundays, 12-5pm. 401-8371, www.miklesfamilyfarm.com.
September 29 • November 4
- Chester’s Pumpkin Patch (5201 Cimarron Rd, Piedmont) features pony rides, hay rides, giant sand box, mazes, games, ant farm, FREE pumpkin with admission and more. Trying to contact for price. $8 per person. Infants 12 months & younger and seniors ages 65 & older are FREE. Monday-Saturday, 9am-6pm; Sunday, 1-6pm. 373-1595, www.chesterandcrew.com.
September 5 • 8
- Oktoberfest at Choctaw’s Creek Park features homemade German food, genuine German beers and wine and continuous live entertainment for all ages, plus German dance groups, crafts and activities for children. $5 per adult, FREE children 12 & under. 390-8647, www.choctawfestival.org.
September 8 • Saturday
- FREE Septemberfest at the Governor's Mansion (820 NE 23rd, OKC) is an annual family festival hosted by the state of Oklahoma's first family featuring entertainment, activities, hands-on learning for children, food, story-telling, historical re-enactments and more. Enjoy FREE admission to the Oklahoma History Center located nearby. 10am-4pm. 557-0198.
September 13 • Thursday
- FREE Mad Scientist Lab at the Midwest City Library (8143 E Reno, Midwest City) for children ages 6-12 to learn more about the world through fun activities and experiments. Preregister. 4:30-5:15pm. 732-4828, www.metrolibrary.org.
September 13 & 21
- Mommy & Me Workshops "Handprint Owls" at Unpluggits Playstudio (575 Enterprise, Edmond) includes one dinner plate and one paint'n play admission to use after class. Preregister with payment. $20. 10:30-11:30am. 340-7584, www.unpluggits.com.
September 13 • 23
- Oklahoma State Fair at the Oklahoma State Fairgrounds features a large carnival, a variety of Midway rides and games, 5 exhibit buildings, unique shopping opportunities, concerts, arts, livestock competitions and Disney on Ice. 948-6704, www.okstatefair.com.
September 15 • Saturday
- FREE Fairy Ball in the Paseo Arts District. Children of all ages decorate costumes with flowers and dance with StarDanceSwan dancers to the music of Steve McLinn of OJAS. 7-9pm. 525-2688, www.thepaseo.com.
- Fort Reno Ghost Tours at Historic Fort Reno (7107 W Cheyenne, El Reno) tells tales and urban legends of haunted buildings, villainous murders, lost treasure and more. Includes tours of the fort and presentations by paranormal research teams. Advance reservations & ticket purchase required. Held the third Saturday of the month March through November. $8 adults, $7 seniors, $5 children ages 5-12. 7:30pm. 262-3987, www.fortreno.org.
September 22 • Saturday
- FREE Crafts for Kids “Autumn Tree Collage” at Lakeshore Learning (6300 N May, OKC) for ages 3 & up to create a leafy tree with all the colors of the season. 11am-3pm. 858-8778, www.lakeshorelearning.com.
September 28 • October 12
- Hank the Cowdog – Lost in the Dark Unchanted Forest presented by Oklahoma Children’s Theatre at the Children’s Center for the Arts (2501 N Blackwelder, OKC). $9 adults, $6 children ages 2-12, FREE children under 2. Friday & Wednesday, 11am; Saturday-Sunday, 2pm. 951-0011, www.oklahomachildrenstheatre.org.
September 28 • October 27
- Halloween Festival at the Castle of Muskogee (3400 W Fern Mountain Rd, Muskogee) includes a wide variety of spooktacular events ranging from not scary to really scary. Features Halloween Village, Pumpkin Kingdom, Halloween Land, Enchanted Boardwalk, Pirate Stage, Torture Chamber, Ultimate Maze, Haunted Hayride, Casa Morte, Domus Horrificus and more. FREE admission to some activities, fees vary. See website for details. Fridays & Saturdays, 6-10pm. 918-687-3625, www.okcastle.com.
September 29 • Saturday
- FREE Crafts for Kids “Cornhusk Door Hanger” at Lakeshore Learning (6300 N May, OKC) for ages 3 & up to create a cornhusk welcome sign. 11am-3pm. 858-8778, www.lakeshorelearning.com.
October 1 • 31
- 8th Annual Terror on 10th Street Haunted House (2005 NW 10th, OKC). All proceeds go to mission trips. $7 per person. Friday-Sunday, 7-11pm; October 20, 3-11pm; Open Daily October 25-31. 232-1816. [Please note: there was an error on page 42 of our October issue, indicating that the Terror on 10th Street Haunted House is free. Please note the correct pricing information above. We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this error has caused.)
October 5 • 28
- FrightFest at Frontier City (11501 NE Expressway). Halloween themed fun FREE with park admission. Additional charges apply for Haunted House entry. Friday, 6-11pm; Saturday, noon-11pm; Sunday, noon-10pm. 478-2140, www.frontiercity.com.
October 5 • November 3
- Nightmare in the Country (38368 S Country Road 195, Woodward) is one of Oklahoma's top rated Halloween attractions delivering thrills and chills for patrons 10 & older on 5 acres. Runs every weekend in October. See website for exact schedule. 8pm. 580-254-3944, www.nightmareinthecountry.com.
October 5 • 6
- Villains of the Opera presented by the Cimarron Opera at Davenport's (344 4th St, Norman) features drinks and hors d'oeuvres while you experience an evening of performances from the rogues, vixens and villains of opera. $18 adults, $15 students & seniors. 7pm. 364-8962, www.cimarronopera.org.
October 6 • Saturday
- FREE Fairy House Festival at Southmore High School (2901 S Santa Fe, Moore) provides creative outdoor fun with performances, crafts, face-painting & a Fairy Tea Party. 9am-1pm. www.southmooretheatrecommunity.weebly.com.
- FREE Spiders & Bats with Bill at Martin Park Nature Center (5000 W Memorial, OKC) explores nature’s most popular Halloween creatures with Bill Bennet and includes an outdoor spider hunt. 10am. 755-0676, www.okc.gov/parks/martin_park.
- FREE Spaghetti Eddie in Concert/Halloween Concert at Uptown Kids (5840 N Classen, OKC). 10:30-11:30am. 418-8881, www.uptownkidsstyle.com.
- 3rd Annual Michaelmas Country Fair at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church (1601 W Imhoff, Norman) features food, horse back riding, jail, face painting, flea market, vendors, bake sale, children’s carnival games, clowns, Second Chance pet adoptions and more. Proceeds to benefit community outreach and parish repairs. FREE admission. 9am-4pm. 321-8951, www.stmichaelsnorman.org.
- Zombie Bolt in Guthrie is a Zombie themed 5K race through downtown Guthrie. Benefits the Children’s Hospital foundation. $15-$49. 4:30pm. www.zombiebolt.com.
October 6 • 7
- Wolves & Witches: A Not-Too-Scary Children’s Matinee presented by the Cimarron Opera at Davenport’s (344 4th, Norman) is part of Cimarron Opera’s Villains of the Opera Weekend. Children will enjoy an interactive opera experience including a craft and trick-or-treating with favorite villains from children’s stories. Tickets must be purchased in advance online or by phone. $5 per person. 2-4pm. 364-8962, www.cimarronopera.org.
October 6 • 14
- Pumpkin Drive at the OKC Zoo (2101 NE 50th, OKC). Receive FREE admission when you bring a pumpkin larger than your head. 424-3344, www.okczoo.com.
October 6 • 27
- Haunt the Oklahoma River Cruises depart from Regatta Park Landing and include cocktails, dancing, appetizers & a costume contest on board. For ages 21& up. Reservations required. $35. Saturdays, 7-8:30pm. 702-7755, www.okrivercruises.com.
October 7 • Sunday
- FREE SchlegelFest 2012 at Schlegel Bicycles (900 N Broadway, OKC) features bike safety obstacle course and Halloween tips, bounce house, face painting, pumpkin decorating, bike maintenance clinics, triathlon clinics, vendors, lunch from Big Truck Tacos, FREE drinks and beer as well as a raffle to support non-profit organizations. Noon-5pm. 232-4040, www.schlegelbicycles.com.
- Taste of Bricktown at the Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark showcases the best of Bricktown restaurants in a festival-like atmosphere. Adult tickets include 2 drink tickets. VIP tickets include unlimited beer and admission to the Legends Lounge where there will be wine and cheese tasting. $20 adults, $50 VIP, children 12 & under are FREE. 3-5pm. www.welcometobricktown.com.
October 9 • Tuesday
- FREE Movie Night @ MAC "The Original Frankenstein" at the MAC (2733 Marilyn Williams, Edmond). Drinks and snacks available for purchase, no outside food and drinks allowed. Gates open at 8pm, movie begins at dusk. Suggested minimum ages is 8 years old. 359-4630, www.edmondok.com/parks/rec.
October 10 • 27
- The Mystery of Irma Vep presented by Lyric Theatre at the Plaza Theatre (1727 NW 16) provides a spoof poking fun at all that is ridiculous in Gothic horror, Victorian melodrama and classic movies. Rated PG. $40. Tuesday-Thursday, 7:30pm; Friday, 8pm; Saturday, 2pm & 8pm. 524-9312, www.lyrictheatreokc.com.
October 11 • Thursday
- Pumpkin Painting at Mustang Town Center (1201 N Mustang, Mustang) for 2-6 year olds provides decorations and paint to create your own unique pumpkin. Bring your own pumpkin. $3 per child. 10am. 376-3411, email@example.com.
October 12 • Friday
- Mummy & Son Masquerade Ball at Mustang Town Center (1201 N Mustang, Mustang) is a costume affair for Moms and sons ages 4-12 featuring entertainment, activities, dancing, keepsake photo and more. Tickets must be purchased in advance at the Mustang Town Center front desk. $5. 7-9pm. 376-3411, firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 13 • Saturday
- Pumpkin Festival at St. Matthew United Methodist Church (300 N Air Depot, Midwest City) includes pumpkin patch, crafts, rummage sale, silent auction, bake sale, children’s games and crafts, inflatables, concessions, entertainment and more. Proceeds benefit local missions and non-profits. 9am-4pm. 732-6831, www.stmatthew.org.
- FREE Lowes Build & Grow Clinic "Ghoul Bus" at participating Lowe's Stores invites children to complete a wooden project with a parent/guardian. Participants receive a FREE apron, goggles, certificate and project patch. Preregister.10-11am. www.lowesbuildandgrow.com.
- FREE Downtown Library After Dark! at the Downtown Library (300 Park Ave, OKC) is a teen lock-in for ages 12-17. Registration form is required with parent/guardian signature. 7pm. 231-8650, www.metrolibrary.org.
- FREE Casper, the Movie at the Myriad Botanical Gardens (301 W Reno, OKC). Bring lawn chairs and blankets to enjoy a movie on the Great Lawn. 8pm. 297-3995, www.myriadgardens.org.
October 13 • 31
- Pumpkinville in the Children’s Garden at the Myriad Botanical Gardens (301 W Reno, OKC) features a mini-village made out of pumpkins with hands-on activities, entertainment and treats. Also includes a pumpkin fairy house display, hay bale mazes, scarecrows, ghosts, chrysanthemums and activities. FREE for members, $5 nonmember children, $2.50 nonmember adults. Monday-Thursday, 10am-8pm; Friday-Sunday, 9am-9pm. www.myriadgardens.org.
October 16 • Tuesday
- Tiny Tuesdays “Spooky Puppets” at the OKC Museum of Art (415 Couch, OKC) provides a come-and-go, open-ended art-making activity geared towards ages 2-5 with parent or caregiver. FREE with paid museum admission. 10am-noon. 236-3100, www.okcmoa.com.
- FREE Zombie Makeup at the Del City Library (4509 SE 15th, Del City) teaches teens to create special effects zombie makeup for Halloween. Preregister. 4:30-5:30pm. 672-1377, www.metrolibrary.org.
- Mummy & Son Night at Chick-fil-A (2001 S Telephone Rd, Moore) features FREE photos, Halloween fun and FREE dessert. Attendees are encouraged to come in costume. Meal not included, must be purchased separately. Four serving times available. Preregister online. 4:30-8:30pm. www.chick-fil-a.com/moore.
October 18 • 20
- Spook-A-Rama at Kiddie Park (201 S Cherokee, Bartlesville) includes a live Mad Scientist show, fun activities and rides for children 12 & under. Ride tickets are 25 cents each, some rides require multiple tickets. 6-10pm. 918-336-5337, www.kiddiepark.net.
October 19 • Friday
- FREE The Great Pumpkin Roll at Chilsholm Trail Park (500 W Vandament, Yukon) features contests including the Pumpkin Target, Best Decorated and Fastest. Bring your fastest decorated pumpkin to roll down Boot Hill. FREE for kids. 2-3pm. 350-8937, www.cityofyukonok.gov.
- FREE Oklahoma Federation of Families Fall Festival at Redbud Farm (1692 E Redbud, Washington) features 2 local sisters in concert, petting zoo, farm bingo, disc golf, egg gathering, pumpkin patch, art and more along with pumpkin desserts and homemade chicken pot pie. 4-6pm. 426-7070, www.okfederation.org.
- Whooo’s Out There? Family Program at the OKC Zoo (2101 NE 50th, OKC). Families are invited to learn about owls, meet a real owl and enjoy a zoo night hike. Preregister. $15 ZooFriends member, $18 nonmembers. Parents FREE with paid child. 6-8:30pm. 425-0218, www.okczooed.com.
- Broadway Ball: A Gallantly Gothic Affair at the Skirvin Hilton (1 Park Ave, OKC) benefits Lyric Theatre and celebrates Broadway’s darker side with one-of-a-kind entertainment featuring songs from some of Broadway’s spookiest productions. 524-9310, www.lyrictheatreokc.com.
October 19 • 31
- FREE It's the Great Pumpkin at Bass Pro Shops (200 Bass Pro Dr, OKC) features photos with PEANUTS characters in the pumpkin patch, crafts, apple grab activity, Halloween scavenger hunt, trick-or-treating and a costume parade. See website for schedule of activities. 218-5200, www.basspro.com.
October 19 • November 4
- Frankenstein presented by the OKC Theatre Company & St. Gregory’s University at the Civic Center Music Hall presents a modern adaptation of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein. 297-2264, www.okctheatrecompany.org.
October 19 • 20, 26 • 27 & 31
- Cimarron Walk of Terror (Off of Cimarron between 89 & 104) is a haunted trail for adults and older children designed to be scary. Parental discretion is advised. $10, $5 children under 10. 245-1107, www.cimarronwalkofterror.webstarts.com.
October 20 • Saturday
- FREE Fall Fest at the Chickasaw Cultural Center (867 Charles Cooper, Sulphur) features traditional Chickasaw food, a Pashofa cook-off, a pumpkin patch, storytelling, stomp dancing demonstrations as well as Chickasaw language and horticulture booths. 10am-4pm. 580-622-7130, www.chikcasawculturalcenter.com.
- FREE Halloween Scrapbook Fun at the Edmond Library (10 S Boulevard, Edmond) for ages 7 & up. Kids and parents can bring 8-10 photos and have fun turning them into a Halloween scrapbook to keep. Preregister. 10:30-11:30am. 341-9282, www.metrolibrary.org.
- FREE Crafts for Kids “Dancing Spider” at Lakeshore Learning (6300 N May) for ages 3 & up. Make a spider to dance with. 11am-3pm. 858-8778, www.lakeshorelearning.com.
- FREE PumpkinFest at Choctaw United Methodist Church (1200 N Choctaw Rd, Choctaw) features snacks, games, inflatable toys and live music for everyone. Children (senior in high school and younger) may pick out a pumpkin to take home while supplies last. 1-4pm. 390-8151, www.choctawumc.com.
- Fort Reno Ghost Tours at Historic Fort Reno (7107 W Cheyenne, El Reno) tells tales and urban legends of haunted buildings, villainous murders, lost treasure and more. Includes tours of the fort and presentations by paranormal research teams. Advance reservations and ticket purchase required. Held the third Saturday of the month March through November. $8 adults, $7 seniors, $5 children ages 5-12. 7:30pm. 262-3987, www.fortreno.org.
October 21 • Sunday
- FREE Fall Into Art at Martin Park Nature Center (5000 W Memorial, OKC) features nature-inspired art, art exhibitions, kids’ crafts, music and more. 1-5pm. 755-0676, www.okc.gov/parks/martin_park.
October 23 • Tuesday
- FREE Art Adventures: Jeremy Draws a Monster by Peter McCarty at the Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art (555 Elm, Norman) for children ages 3-5 with an adult. Young artists are invited to experience art through books and art related projects. Admission to the museum is FREE on Tuesdays. 10:30-11:30am. 325-3272, www.ou.edu/fjjma.
October 23 • 31
- Storybook Forest at Spring Creek Park at Arcadia Lake is a not-so-scary walk through trick-or-treat path featuring storybook characters and scenes, as well as hayrides, games and a campfire for roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. Adults are FREE with the purchase of a child’s ticket. $5 per child Monday-Thursday, $7 per child Friday-Sunday (cash only at the gate). 5:30-8:30pm. 216-7471, www.arcadialakeok.com.
October 25 • Thursday
- Haunt the Harn at Harn Homestead (1721 N Lincoln) features trick-or-treating, games and face painting on the grounds of the historic Harn Homestead Museum. $3 per child in advance, $5 per child at the door, Up to 2 FREE adults per group. 6-9pm. 235-4058, www.harnhomestead.com.
- FREE Haunt and Harvest at All Souls' Episcopal Church (6400 N Penn, OKC) is open to children in foster care and their families and will feature face painting, pumpkin patch, hay maze, trick-or-treating and more. 6-9pm. 753-4099.
- Haunt the Zoo Preview Hike Family Program at the OKC Zoo Education Center (2101 NE 50th, OKC). Families are invited to take photos at the Haunt the Zoo booths without the crowds. Candy not presented at the booths. Adult must accompany children. Preregister. $15 ZooFriends members, $18 nonmembers, Parents FREE with paid child. 6-8pm. 425-0218, www.okczooed.com.
October 26 • Friday
- Halloween Party at Unpluggits Playstudio (575 Enterprise, Edmond) is a not-so-scary party featuring carnival games with guaranteed prizes in addition to regular admission activities. $5 ages 18 months-10 years, FREE 11 & older. 5:30-7:30pm. 340-7584, www.unpluggits.com.
- FREE Spooky String Dolls at the Southwest OKC Library (2201 SW134th, OKC). Teens can create scary and adorable string monsters, vampires, zombies and more. Supplies provided. Preregister. 6-7:30pm. 979-2200, www.pls.lib.ok.us.
- FREE Fall Festival at Church of the Servant (14343 N MacArthur) features carnival games, moon bounce, giant slide, cakewalk, bingo, clowns and more. Donations for Infant Crisis Services will be received. Food available for purchase. 6-8:30pm. 721-4141.
- FREE Wildwood's Wonderfall Adventure at Wildwood Community Church (1501 24th Ave NE, Norman) features three different adventures filled with family fun including games, hotdogs, snow cones, candy, story book characters and more. 6-9pm. 329-3939, www.wildwoodchurch.org/wonderfall.
- Mummy & Me Masquerade Ball sponsored by Norman Parks & Recreation at the 12th Ave Recreation Center (170112th Ave NE, Norman) is a night out for moms and their sons ages 4-12. Tickets must be purchased in advance & are available at the 12th Ave Recreation Center or at the Norman Parks and Recreation Main office. $5 per person. 6pm & 8pm. 292-7275, www.normanfun.com.
- Halloween Silent Film “The Cat & the Canary” presented by the American Organ Institute at Sharp Hall in OU Catlett Music Center (500 W Boyd, Norman) features a silent film with organ accompaniment performed by Clark Wilson on the Municipal Moller Opus 5819. $9, $5 students/OU faculty & staff/seniors. 8pm. 325-4101, http://aoi.ou.edu.
- Mummy & Son Dance at the Moore Community Center (301 S Howard, Moore) invites Moms and their sons to enjoy an evening of dancing and snacks. Halloween costumes encouraged. Tickets must be purchased in advance. $5 per person. 7-8:30pm. 793-5090, www.cityofmoore.com.
- Bright Night: Halloween with Harry Potter at Science Museum Oklahoma allows participants to experience a haunted museum from dusk to dawn while exploring the world of Harry Potter. Includes Quidditch matches, giant chess, spooky potions, wizard's dueling, Science Live, Planetarium show, IMAX Film & other hands-on activities. Halloween & Harry Potter costumes encouraged.. One adult required for every six children. $45 per child, $25 per adult, discount for members. 6pm-8:15am. 602-6664, www.sciencemuseumok.org.
October 26 • 31
- Haunt the Zoo at the OKC Zoo features trick-or-treating among various themed booths, festive props and carved jack-o-lanterns. Friendly mascot characters greet children as they enter. $7 per child, $6 in advance, FREE adults. 6:30-8:30pm. 424-3344, www.okczoo.com.
October 27 • Saturday
- Trick-Orr-Treating & Costume Contest at Orr Family Farm (14400 S Western, OKC) is a non-scary Halloween spectacular featuring trick-or-treating and a costume contest for ages 12 & under. Offers 20% off to military personnel and their families with military ID, Girl and Boy Scouts in uniform or guests wearing pink to support breast cancer awareness. 799-3276, www.orrfamilyfarm.com.
- FREE Lowes Build & Grow Clinic "Creepy Keeper" at participating Lowe's Stores invites children to complete a wooden project with a parent/guardian. Participants receive a FREE apron, goggles, certificate and project patch. Preregister.10-11am. www.lowesbuildandgrow.com.
- FREE Fall Festival at Council Road Baptist Church The Cube (7903 NW 30th, Bethany) features inflatables, petting zoo, pony rides, fire engine, food available for purchase, face painting, photo booth and drawings for prizes. All proceeds and donations go to the Boys Ranch Town in Edmond. 10am-2pm. www.councilroad.org.
- Halloween Train at the Oklahoma Railway Museum (3400 NE Grand, OKC). $2 discount if you are in costume. $15 adults 15 & up, $5 ages 3-14, kids under 3 are FREE. 10am, 11am, noon, 1:30pm & 2:30pm. 424-8222, www.oklahomarailwaymuseum.org.
- FREE Night Magic at the Northwest Library (5600 NW 122nd, OKC) features magician, Steve Crawford and his new show “Night Magic”. 10-11am. 606-3580, www.metrolibrary.org.
- FREE Crafts for Kids “Trick-or-Treat Scarecrow Mask” at Lakeshore Learning (6300 N May) for ages 3 & up. Frighten up some fun with a scarecrow mask. 11am-3pm. 858-8778, www.lakeshorelearning.com.
- FREE Fall Festival at the Ralph Ellison Library (2000 NE 23rd, OKC) features a petting zoo, costume contest, dancing, crafts, face painting, treats and more while supplies last. 1-4pm. 424-1437, www.metrolibrary.org.
- FREE Monster Mash Dance Party at Quail Springs Mall (2501 W Memorial, OKC) features games, music and a costume contest with prizes for kids of all ages. Also offers mall wide trick-or-treating during the event. 1-4pm. www.quailspringsmall.com.
- FREE Annual Halloween Magic Show with Steve Crawford at the Capitol Hill Library (334 SW 26th, OKC). 2-3pm. 634-6308, www.metrolibrary.org.
- Spooksville at the Yukon Community Center (2200 Holly, Yukon) features a carnival and haunted house. $3 per person. 3-6pm. 350-8937, www.cityofyukonok.gov.
- FREE Trick-or-Treat City at Joe B Barnes Regional Park in Midwest City offers a candy village and carnival with food, games and crafts. Candy Village is FREE, Carnival rides require tickets 4/$1. 2-4:30pm. www.midwestcityok.org. Also held: 10/30 for a special needs session from 1-2:30pm.
- FREE Haunt Old Town Moore (Main & Broadway Area, Moore) features trick-or-treating, scary karaoke, hayrides, extreme animals petting zoo, food vendors and candy. 4-7pm. 793-4332, www.cityofmoore.com.
- FREE Halloween Festival at the Moore Community Center (301 S Howard, Moore) features trick-or-treating, games, costume contest, haunted room and more. 4-7pm. 793-4332, www.cityofmoore.com.
- Spook & Roll at Skate Galaxy (5800 NW 36). The best costume wins a pair of skates. $15. 7pm-midnight. 405-605-2758, www.skategalaxyokc.com.
- FREE Pumpkin Palooza at Mitch Park in Edmond features all things pumpkin including three hours of chunkin', carvin' and huntin'. 5-8pm. 359-4630, www.edmondok.com/parks/rec.
- Halloween Party in “Pumpkinville” at the Myriad Botanical Gardens Children’s Garden (301 W Reno) features trick-or-treating, spooky witches brew, treats, games, activities, music and more. Come dressed in Halloween costumes. FREE for members, $10 nonmember children, $8.50 nonmember adults, $35 nonmember family (2 adults, 2 children), $5 each additional child. 5-8pm. www.myriadgardens.org.
- FREE Spooktacular at Mustang Town Center (1201 N Mustang, Mustang) features carnival booths, Mustangopoly and a haunted house. Recommended for ages 11 & under and their families. 6:30-9pm. 376-3411, email@example.com.
October 27 • 31
- HallowMarine! at the Oklahoma Aquarium (300 Aquarium Dr, Jenks) transforms the Aquarium into a spooky Halloween adventure. Includes trick-or-treating among the tanks, games, pirate ship and mermaid and pirate divers in the Coral Reef. $10 adults, $7 children. 6:30-9pm. 918-296-FISH, www.okaquarium.org.
October 28 • Sunday
- FREE Painted Pumpkin People Workshop at the City Arts Center (3000 General Pershing, OKC) allows families to transform pumpkins into Boo Ritson-style works of multimedia art for their homes by integrating sculpture, painting and photography. All ages welcome. Supplies and refreshments provided. Preregister. 1-4pm. 951-0000, www.cityartscenter.org.
- OKC Philharmonic Discovery Concert Series: Phil’s Monster Mash presented by the OKC Philharmonic at the Civic Center Music Hall features an afternoon of costumes, Halloween theme music and treats for kids of all ages. $9. 2pm. 842-5387, www.okcphilharmonic.org.
- FREE Trunk-or-Treat at First Christian Church (220 S Webster, Norman). 2pm. 329-2192, www.fccnorman.org.
- FREE Magic Lantern Celebration at the Paseo Arts District. Children and parents walk studio to studio to build original costumes from simple materials before displaying their costumes during a street dance. Features StarDanceSwan dancers and Steve McLinn of Ojas Music. 3-7pm. 525-2688, www.thepaseo.com.
- FREE Trunk-or-Treat at Crown Heights Christian Church (4020 N Western, OKC) provides games, activities and candy for children ages 12 & under accompanied by an adult. 5-6:30pm. 528-5568, www.crownheightschristian.com.
- FREE Trunk-or-Treat at St. Matthew United Methodist Church (300 N Air Depot, Midwest City) features safe trunk-or-treating, music, games and more. The pumpkin patch will be open. 6-8pm. 732-6831, www.stmatthew.org.
- FREE Family Fall Fest at Trinity Church of the Nazarene (7301 S Walker, OKC) features food, games, a Bible walk, inflatables, a hay ride and more. 5:30-8pm. www.tcnokc.com.
- FREE Trunk or Treat at New Covenant Church (2700 S Boulevard, Edmond) features carnival games, moon bounce, refreshments, door prizes, trick-or-treating & friendly costumes. 6pm. 562-3200, www.newcov.tv.
October 29 • Monday
- Mummy & Son Masquerade at the Jackie Cooper Gym (1024 E Main, Yukon) for boys ages 4-12 with an adult female. $3 per person in advance. 6-8pm. 350-8920, www.cityofyukonok.gov.
- Full Moon Hike at Martin Park Nature Center (5000 W Memorial, OKC) features an after-hours hike and discussion of our planet’s closest neighbor. Bring binoculars and dress for the weather. Preregister. $2 per person. 6:30pm. 755-0676, www.okc.gov/parks/martin_park.
October 30 • Tuesday
- FREE Art Adventures: The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin by Joe Troiana at the Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art (555 Elm, Norman) for children ages 3-5 with an adult. Young artists are invited to experience art through books and art related projects. Admission to the museum is FREE on Tuesdays. 10:30-11:30am. 325-3272, www.ou.edu/fjjma.
- Fall Harvest at Bouncin Craze (14901 N Lincoln, Edmond) features a hay ride, games, fire pit, smores, bouncin and a treat bag for each child. $7.50 per child. 4-8pm. 607-2020, www.bouncincraze.com.
- FREE Dress Up Party for Preschoolers for 2-5 year olds at the Warr Acres Library (5901 NW 63rd, Warr Acres) features crafts, snacks, photos and stories. Preregister. 6:30-8pm. 721-2616, www.metrolibrary.org.
- Trail of Fears at Little River Park (700 SW 4, Moore) features 1/3 mile winding haunted trail designed for adults and children ages 12 and older. Children 11 and younger must be accompanied by an adult. $5 per person. 7:30-10:30pm. www.cityofmoore.com.
October 31 • Wednesday (Halloween!)
- FREE ABC Halloween at the Belle Isle Library (5501 N Villa, OKC) for Pre-Kindergartners features stories in books that emphasize knowing the letters of the alphabet. Playtime will follow. Preregister. 10-10:45am. 843-9601, www.metrolibrary.org.
- FREE Trick-or-Treat on Our Street at the Outlet Shoppes at OKC (7624 W Reno, OKC) provides trick-or-treating at Customer Service and participating stores for children ages 12 & under dressed in Halloween costumes, while supplies last. 4-6pm. 787-3700 x1.
- FREE Trick-or-Treating at Science Museum Oklahoma provides a safe place to trick-or-treat. Museum staff will dress in Halloween-themed costumes and be ready with candy to share. FREE admission. 4-6pm. 602-6664, www.sciencemuseumok.org.
- FREE Trick-or- Treat on the Street in Downtown Edmond. Merchants will be passing out candy to children. 5-7pm. 249-9391.
- FREE Treats But No Tricks at Sooner Mall (3301 W Main, Norman) features mall wide trick-or-treating as well as a costume contest for children 11 & under in the Old Navy Wing at 6:30pm. While supplies last. 5-8pm. www.soonermall.com.
- FREE Trunk-or-Treat at Edmond First Baptist Church (1300 SE 33, Edmond) features candy, games and fun for all ages. 6-7:30pm. www.FBCedmond.org/TRUNKorTREAT.
- FREE Fall Festival at Faith Pointe Baptist Church (3404 26th Ave NW, Norman) features food, candy and games. 6-8pm. 360-8900, www.faithpointe.org.
- 3rd Annual Halloween Bash at the Museum of Osteology (10301 S Sunnylane, OKC) provides a safe & educational trick-or-treating alternative with door prizes, free candy for kids, fun crafts & activities. $3 per person, FREE kids 3 & under with a paid adult. 6-9pm. 814-0006, www.museumofosteology.org.
- FREE Trunks, Truths & Treats at Portland Avenue Baptist Church (1301 N Portland, OKC) features fun, food and games for the whole family. 6:30pm. 942-5539, www.portlandavenue.org.
- FREE FestiFall 2012 at Putnam City Baptist Church (11401 N Rockwell, OKC) is a Halloween alternative featuring inflatables, game booths, candy and food available for purchase. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Please no scary costumes. 6:30-8:30pm. 773-6900, www.pcbc-okc.org.
- FREE Trunk-Or-Treat at Bryant Avenue Baptist Church (4748 S Bryant, OKC). 6:30-8:30pm. 672-4511.
- Trick-or-Treating: Moore, Midwest City, Norman, Mustang, Edmond, Yukon, OKC
November 1 • Thursday
- Fall Harvest at Bouncin Craze II (9333 W Reno, OKC) features a hay ride, games, fire pit, smores, bouncin and a treat bag for each child. $7.50 per child. 4-8pm. 607-2020, www.bouncincraze.com.
November 2 • Friday
- Haunted Hike: What Do the Woods Know? at Martin Park Nature Center (5000 W Memorial, OKC) features half-hour guided hikes, tricks & treats as well as the chance to make your own spooky mask. Hikes depart every 30 minutes from the education center. Preregister. $2 per person. 5:30pm. 755-0676, www.okc.gov/parks/martin_park.
November 3 • Saturday
- FREE Pumpkin Harvest Craft Festival at the Robertson Activity Center (Hwy 66 & Mustang, Yukon) features arts and craft booths as well as concessions in the Pumpkin Patch Café. 9am-4pm. 350-8937, www.cityofyukonok.gov.
- Preschool Pumpkin Roll at Mustang Town Center (1201 N Mustang, Mustang). Children can bring their old pumpkins to see how far they can roll and enjoy games with their parents before tossing the pumpkins out. For ages 8 & under. $3 per child. 10am. 376-3411, firstname.lastname@example.org.