Using Our Calendar
Insider tips to help you get the most from our popular calendar:
We know you look to MetroFamily to find fun family events to enjoy. These helpful hints will help you refine your search, leading you to the best events for you and your kids.
Our fully-searchable calendar is found in several places on our website including our home page and the calendar landing page.
- Under the calendar, there is a dropdown menu with numerous categories, including free, special needs, homeschooling events, toddlers, teens, etc. Pick one and it will automatically sort the events based on that category.
- The normal view of seeing calendar events is for “today” only but you can set a range of dates you are looking for by first selecting the “View all listings” button then picking one of the drop downs or setting your own start and end date range.
- Looking for events only in “Norman” or “Yukon,” etc? Just type the city in the “Search” area.
- If you are only looking for particular events that aren’t already in the dropdown of categories such as “gymnastics” or “pets,” you can also search using those terms.
- Want to save an event to your own personal calendar? It’s easy! When you’re viewing a particular event on your desktop, look in the upper right of the page for the “Add to your calendar” button. (On your mobile phone, the link is at the bottom of the event’s page.)
- Does your organization have a family or child-oriented event that should be on our calendar? Click the “Submit an event” button.
Have a wonderful time discovering just the right events for your family!