Oct 30, 201201:58 PMStephanie's Kitchen
Healthy Family Recipes for Picky Kids
Turkey Sweet Potato Sloppy Joes
There isn't really anything super exciting about these sloppy joes. I mean, how exciting can sloppy joes really be? But, they get the job done, they get sweet potatoes in your family's bellies and this recipe can feed 8 to 10 (if you use small buns) or dinner for 4 plus leftovers. I really love recipes that give me at least two nights of dinners.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 6oz. cans tomato paste
- Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper
- Lawry's season salt
- 1- 2 cups water
- olive oil
- Pour about 2 Tbs. of olive oil in a large skillet.
- Saute onion and sweet potato in olive oil until onion is just soft.
- Add turkey and cook until browned.
- Add a couple (or 5) dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
- Season with salt, pepper and Lawry's season salt.
- Add tomato paste and mix until combined.
- Slowly add water and stir until you get the sloppy consistency you desire.
- You don't have to use all the water, or if it's too thick, add more.
- The next night I reheated and served over rigatoni pasta.
I can also see adding chili powder and some spice to turn this into chili for game day. Yum!
Find more from Stephanie at www.hugskissesandsnot.com.