Sep 25, 201212:22 PMStephanie's Kitchen
Healthy Family Recipes for Picky Kids
Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Root Veggies
Now that fall is right around the corner, itʼs time to pull out the crock pot! Fall is the perfect time to start cooking with root veggies. I love the sweetness of the apple cider plus the savory onion and herbs—it is a nice blend.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 - 2 lb. boneless pork roast
- fresh rosemary
- 2 cups apple cider
- salt, pepper & garam masala
- Combine sweet potatoes, parsnips, carrots, apples, onion and rosemary in slow cooker.
- Trim pork roast of excess fat and connective tissue.
- Place on top of veggies and season very will with salt, pepper and garam masala.
- Pour cider over everything.
- Cook on low for 7 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve over rice.
Eat it and love it!
Find more from Stephanie at www.hugskissesandsnot.com.