May 22, 201205:05 PMStephanie's Kitchen
Healthy Family Recipes for Picky Kids
Quick & Easy Drop Biscuits
I love biscuits just as much as the next gal but I DO NOT make them. Cutting in the butter, rolling out the dough, cutting them out all the while trying not to handle them too much or else you end up with hockey pucks. That is way too much work for me. Then you have that huge mess to clean up. I don't know about you but I do not have a kitchen assistant to follow me around cleaning up the flour and bits of dough. The baking sheets and bowls. The kitchen tools and general mess, i.e. sticky spots from OJ that was spilled last week, cracker crumbs, dried rice from last night's dinner...I could go on.
A couple of weeks ago I was fixing dinner and felt the need for some sort of biscuit but I didn't have a box of Jiffy handy. I refuse to roll 'em out so I came up with a drop biscuit.
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (or milk)
- 4 oz. neufchatel cheese or cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 heaping tsp. flax seed meal
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- whole milk
- Mix everything except for the milk together. Drop biscuits need to be much more gooey than a regular biscuit batter because you're not going to roll them out.
- Use the milk at your discretion to get the consistency you want.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a baking sheet sprayed w/ non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with honey or preserves.
Now the only thing you need to clean up is one bowl and your face!
Find more from Stephanie at www.hugskissesandsnot.com.