Sep 11, 201206:28 AMStephanie's Kitchen
Healthy Family Recipes for Picky Kids
Easy Wheat Bread in Your Bread Machine
How many of you own a bread machine? Now, those who answered yes...how long has it been since you used it? Be honest now.
I love my bread machine but I will admit that it has been at least 6 months since I last used it. Time just gets away from me and I start buying bread at the store again and before I know it I've forgotten all about how easy it is to make homemade bread. Maybe this simple wheat bread recipe will inspire you to dust off the 'ol bread machine and remember who awesome the smell of fresh baked bread is.
- 2 cups white bread machine flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. dry milk
- 1 1/2 Tbs. wheat germ
- 1/3 cup honey
- 10 oz. luke warm water
- 1 1/2 Tbs. butter
- 1 tsp. yeast
- Put dry ingredients (except yeast) in the bread pan first followed by the wet ingredients.
- Put yeast in the yeast dispenser in your machine.
- Set machine at basic bake mode for a medium loaf.
Here are a couple of baking tips...
- I keep the flour I use for bread machine baking in air tight containers. That way they stay fresh longer and I don't get it mixed up with the everyday baking flour.
- Allow bread to cool completely before storing it in a zip lock bag. I wrapped my bread in a clean dish towel overnight then sealed it in a zip lock once I cut it.
Pat yourself on the back for serving your family bread that will need to be eaten up in a hurry. You may have noticed that homemade bread will start to grow mold within a few days. But that's a good thing. When bread takes a really long time to get moldy that means it has lots of preservatives in it.
P B & J never tasted so good!
Find more from Stephanie at www.hugskissesandsnot.com.