Top 10 Reader Picks: Best Story Times in the OKC Metro
Story times are a great way to help your young child develop listening skills, reinforce early learning concepts such as colors, numbers and shapes and help nurture a love of reading. We polled our readers for their favorite places to go to story time in the OKC metro and here, in random order, are their recommendations:
- OKC Zoo’s Wild Tuesdays Story Time Safari (2101 NE 50)—Tuesdays in June & July.
- Norman Public Library (225 N Webster, Norman)—See website for ongoing schedule.
- Moore Public Library (225 S Howard, Moore)—See website for ongoing schedule.
- Barnes & Noble’s Saturday Morning Story Time (Edmond and Norman locations)—Saturdays, 11:00am.
- Norman Library’s Outreach Story Time at Sooner Mall (3301 West Main, Norman)—Tuesdays, 10:00am.
- Children’s Story Time at Full Circle Books (1900 NW Expressway)—Saturdays, 10:15am.
- Story Time Science at Science Museum Oklahoma (2100 NE 52nd St)—Select Tuesdays, 10:00am & 2:00pm.
- Children’s Story Time at Edmond’s Best of Books (1313 E Danforth, Edmond)—Saturdays, 11:00am.
- Story Time at Be Wild For Art (1006 24th Avenue NW, Norman)—Thursdays, 11:00am.
- Story Time in the Garden at the Myriad Botanical Gardens (301 W Reno)—Wednesdays, June through August.
Thanks to Shana H., Jennifer K., Kami M., Tiffany B., Kathy W., Lianne A., Kara H., Regina S., Janie D., and Christie B. for contributing to this list! Visit www.facebook.com/metrofamily to share your thoughts on next month’s list.
Have a place you’d like to suggest? Comment below!