Top 10 Reader Picks: Best Places for Free (or Nearly Free!) Fun
The Oklahoma City metro area is teeming with opportunities to have great family fun that will be easy on your wallet. We polled our readers for their favorite free (or nearly free) places and activities in the metro and here, in random order, are their recommendations:
- See the world's largest collection of military firearms and a variety of war artifacts at the 45th Infantry Division Museum
- Explore nature at Martin Park Nature Center
- Volunteer at the Regional Food Bank. Rewarding, humbling, gratifying and so much more. (Find other family volunteering opportunities here.)
- Be inspired at Oklahoma City Museum of Art's Free Family Days on select Sundays twice a year.
- Stroll through Myriad Botanical Gardens
- Explore community history at the Edmond Historical Society & Museum
- Spend time together at monthly events like Live on the Plaza or Paseo's First Friday Gallery Walk. Find even more OKC street festivals on this list.
- Enjoy story times and other activities at the Metropolitan Library System and Pioneer Library System branch libraries
- Create together at Make + Take Workshops at Oklahoma Contemporary on the second Saturday of every month.
- Enjoy FREE admission at the Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art every day!
For even more free or low cost activities for your family, visit www.metrofamilymagazine.com/free or sign up for Weekend Picks and our other e-newsletters here to be sure you don't miss a thing!
Have a place or event you’d like to suggest? Comment below!