OKC Fall Bucket List
Photo courtesy of the Paseo District. Photographer Paige Powell
We asked and you responded! From iconic events like Myriad's Pumpkinville to hidden gems like Paseo's Magic Lantern Celebration, here are a few inspirations from our readers to help make this fall your family's best one yet.
- Carve a pumpkin scored at a local pumpkin patch.
- Snuggle together on a hayride.
- Bake a new fall recipe together.
- Explore a corn maze.
- Plan a weekend getaway and explore Oklahoma together.
- Celebrate all things fall at Pumpkinville.
- Tailgate at a local football game.
- Make memories at a fall festival.
- Settle in for a family movie night.
- Roast s’mores on a campfire.
- Make a fall-inspired craft.
- Explore a new museum. Here are some fun free museums in the metro.
- Go on a hunt for colorful leaves, acorns and other of signs of the changing seasons on a fall foliage hike.
- Volunteer together!
- Drop a line at a local fishing spot.
- Sample some fresh pressed cider at Myriad Gardens.
- Play in the leaves.
- Get spooked at haunted house.
- Dress up and explore Haunt the Zoo.
- Dance the night away at a mummy & son dance.
- Take part in a costume contest, maybe even one with your pooch!
- Transform yourself at Paseo’s Magic Lantern Celebration.
- Turn the town upside down at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum.
- Score some treats at a local Halloween event.
- Shop local at a fall craft fair.
- Take advantage of the cooler temps and visit a favorite destination for family fun.
- Train for a Turkey Day 5K.
For even more family fun ideas, check out our fall guides.
Born and raised in the Oklahoma City metro and a graduate of the Gaylord College of Journalism at the University of Oklahoma, Lindsay Cuomo has worked for MetroFamily since 2014 covering local stories, people and events. Lindsay is a mom to three school-aged boys and calls Moore, Oklahoma home.