12 Things to Do in OKC on Your Next No-Spend Weekend
12 FREE Things to Do in OKC on Your Next No-Spend Weekend:
- De-Clutter your house and sell your no-longer-needed stuff at a local consignment sale. Make it a family project and use the cash to do something fun together!
- Take in a movie or concert in the park. Pack up the family and a bottle of bug spray and head out to enjoy a flick or some tunes under the stars. These events start up each spring and continue through the summer in many communities around the Oklahoma City metro.
- Recruit your kids as sous-chefs and prepare a picnic. Head to your own backyard or dine al fresco at a local park.
- Get some fresh air and exercise together on a bike ride. There are plenty of scenic trails to discover together.
- Story times make for a perfect outing and the Oklahoma City metro has plenty. Visit a local story time to experience your favorite books in a new way.
- Create a piece of art together. Oklahoma Contemporary offers a FREE Family Make + Take art projects on the second Saturday of each month.
- Grab your phone and hit a local park for a family photo session. Capture silly memories together and share them with your family and friends.
- Whether you are looking to explore something new or simply excite your mind in a new way, museums are a fun way for families to spend time together while learning about our world. From art and science to history and more, visit a local FREE museum.
- Explore a new library. The Metropolitan Library System and Pioneer Library System have more than 30 locations around the metro!
- Take part in a fun community street festival. Some are planned seasonally; others happen year round.
- Give back and volunteer together.
- Check out our monthly list of the top 10 FREE events for families or scan our searchable calendar filled with family fun!
For even more free or low cost activities for your family, visit www.metrofamilymagazine.com/free or sign up for Weekend Picks and our other e-newsletters here to be sure you don't miss a thing!
Have a place or event you’d like to suggest? Comment below!