Ultimate 17 for 2017 Family Bucket List
PHOTO COURTESY OF RIVERSPORT ADVENTURES
Let’s make a resolution to have some fun and make some memories together this year! Each month, Oklahoma is bustling with fun activities for families. So, it was easy to put together an Ultimate 2017 Family Bucket List.
1. Challenge your family to try something new at a local street festival like Paseo’s First Friday Gallery Walk or Norman’s 2nd Friday Art Walk. There are even festivals regularly in downtown Norman and Edmond. Some operate seasonally; others keep the fun going all year long.
2. Visit a museum that is new to you! Oklahoma is peppered with fun, educational museums. Plan a trip to Leonardo’s Children’s Museum that re-opened in 2016 after an extensive remodel. Or, head back to a family favorite that you haven’t been to in a while.
6. See the city from new heights from atop the Wheeler Ferris Wheel, open again this spring!
9. Volunteer together! Our city is full of worthy organizations that would love to welcome your family.
12. Add some nostalgia to your summer at a drive-in movie. While the number of drive-ins has dwindled over the years, there are still a few in operation in the metro ready for your family to enjoy a blockbuster flick alfresco.
13. Explore nature at one of Oklahoma’s beautiful state parks.
14. This fall, head to a county fair for some old-school family fun. Play some classic games, ride some wild rides and enjoy some tasty fair treats together.
15. Relive your favorite childhood memories with your kids! Need some inspiration? Check out some of Oklahoma’s top hot spots highlighted in our Where to Go + What to Do guide. (And while you’re at it, save some of your family fun budget by using coupons from our Kids Pass.)
16. Plan your own “tour around the world” by visiting new-to-you restaurants owned and operated by immigrants sharing their love of their culture and food. A good example is found here.
17. Plan at least a monthly Family Fun Night, with ideas provided by MetroFamily. From movie nights to game nights to planning a neighborhood block party complete with a game of Capture the Flag, we’ll provide the ideas, you and your family create your own spin and make. Sponsored by Papa Murphy’s, this project starts in early 2017. Follow us on Facebook to learn more.