Now Taking Nominations! Let your customers know to vote for you.
Family Favorites, MetroFamily’s annual "best of” awards, are completely reliant on nominations and votes from our readers to determine the best family-friendly businesses in the Oklahoma City metro. To be recognized as a Family Favorite in your category or categories means that you’ve got the “five star” review treatment from trusted local parents.
It’s time to get some easy promotions in place to ensure you get nominated as one of the top three in your category or categories. Here’s how the program works:
1) Nominations are accepted between March 22 and April 15 in each category.
2) The top 3 in each category are then voted on in the next round, April 23 through May 6. In the end, we’ll have one winner in each category and two honorable mentions. Any of the winners/honorable mentions will be able to publicize they are a “Family Favorite” throughout the year!
3) The announcements about the Family Favorite winners will be made in The Everything Guide, our annual special issue published in July. This year-long guide has a long shelf life and will keep your business in front of the all-important parent market all year! PLUS there will be the list of winners made public on our website year round.
You don’t want to miss the opportunity to be recognized as a Family Favorite! Here are some easy steps to take now:
1) Identify the category or categories your business qualifies for from the list below. We’ve added NEW categories this year; find them with the asterisk below.
2) Tell your customers and clients to nominate you from March 22 through April 15*. Sample social messages can be found below and social media images are located at the Dropbox link here.
3) You can purchase a digital ad to go in the voting system right by the category or categories you want them to remember you. These are great ways to help people remember you as they are nominating. Cost is just $179.
* And bonus! Be sure your customers/clients know that by nominating in the Family Favorites program between March 22 and April 15 and including at least 20 nominations per daily voting session, they will be eligible to win a weekend trip for four to the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine, TX! And yes, they can vote once per day to increase their chances of winning!!!
Have questions about Family Favorites in general and/or placing Family Favorites’ print and banner web ads? Contact your account executive today or email Sarah Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!
Sample messaging to customers/clients:
Nominate us for @MetroFamily's annual #FamilyFavorites awards! Please submit our name today to help us be named one of the best local businesses/venues in the metro! Nominations end April 15 and voting starts April 23. You could win a resort stay too! - http://bit.ly/family_favoritesOKC
We've been nominated! Now, please vote for us in @MetroFamily's annual #FamilyFavorites awards! Help us to be named one of the best local businesses/venues in the metro. Ends May 6. - http://bit.ly/family_favoritesOKC
Nominate us for MetroFamily's annual #FamilyFavorites awards! Please submit our name today to help us be named one of the best local businesses/venues in the metro! Nominations end April 15 and voting starts April 23. You could win a resort stay at the Gaylord Texan just for nominating us! - http://bit.ly/family_favoritesOKC
We've been nominated! Now, please vote for us in MetroFamily's annual #FamilyFavorites awards! Help us to be named one of the best local businesses/venues in the metro. Ends May 6. - http://bit.ly/family_favoritesOKC
2019 MetroFamily’s Family Favorites categories
*indicates a NEW category for this year!
Art Studio/Art Lessons
Gymnastics/Cheer Training Facility
Studio Music Instruction
Sports League for Kids
* Swim Lessons
Tutoring/Learning Assistance Center
Day Camp, Arts
Day Camp, Multi-Activity
Day Camp, Sports
Child Care Center
* Mother’s/Children’s Day Out
Church for Families & Children
* District (Midtown, Plaza, etc.)
* Neighborhood Nonproﬁt Organizations that Serves Families and Children
* Charter School
Homeschool Resource Organization
Private School, Elementary
Private School, Preschool
Private School, Secondary
Public School System
Health & Fitness
Dentist for Children/Family
Eye Care Provider
Family Counselor/Counseling Business
Family Fitness Center
Urgent Care Clinic
* Baby Boutique Boutique/Gift/Book Stores
* Car Dealership
* Elective Non-Medical Ultrasound
Grocery Store to Find Healthy Food
Date Night Restaurant
Ethnic Food Restaurant
Family-Friendly Restaurant, Casual Dining
Places to Eat Sweet Treats
Restaurant for Pizza Night
* Family Restroom (public, at any business or attraction)
Free/Low-Cost Attraction for Family Fun
Indoor Fun/Amusement Venue
* Local Park
Local Place to Take Out of Town Visitors
Museum for Children/Families
Outdoor Fun/Amusement Venue
Place for Fun with Toddlers
Place for Teen/Tween
Fun Place to Explore Nature in Oklahoma
Place to Swim
Party Comes to You (entertainment)
* Place to ﬁnd party food
* Animal Services (training, grooming, etc.)
* Handyperson Services
* Heat and Air Service Company
* Home Inspector
Places for Pampering Mom
* Special Needs Therapy Service
* Storm Shelter Installation