Tasty Tuesday Recipe—February 7, 2012: Sweetheart Sundaes
Satisfy your sweet tooth and impress your Valentine with Made in Oklahoma Coalition’s recipe for Sweetheart Sundaes. This delectable dessert is the sweetest way to say “I love you” to that special someone.
This recipe includes ingredients from three MIO Coalition members – Shawnee Mills, Garden Club and Hiland Dairy Company.
- One (eight ounce) package Shawnee Mills Fudge Brownie Mix
- One-half gallon Hiland Vanilla Ice Cream
- One cup Garden Club Strawberry Preserves
- Sixteen ounces frozen sliced strawberries, thawed, drained
- Prepare brownies according to package directions, using an eight-inch square pan. Cool completely before cutting brownies into eight squares. Slowly heat the preserves and strawberries in a small saucepan over low heat until warm.
- To compile the sundaes, place a fudge brownie in shallow bowl or on plate. Top the brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Spoon the warm strawberry sauce on top of the sundae. Bon appétit!
Recipe makes eight servings.
Tip: Got leftover strawberry sauce? Make a quick and tasty strawberry shake by blending strawberry sauce with scoops of vanilla ice cream in a blender. Add a little milk if necessary. Enjoy!
You can find this recipe and more on the MIO website, www.miocoalition.com, or download the free MIO iPhone app to find recipes, restaurants and more by visiting http://www.miocoalition.com/mioapp/.
Made in Oklahoma Coalition (MIO)
The Made in Oklahoma Coalition promotes brand awareness and consumer loyalty for Oklahoma food and agricultural products through collective marketing for the purpose of increasing sales, maintaining business retention and expanding Oklahoma's food and agricultural processing sector. MIO represents more than 30 Oklahoma food and agricultural manufacturers that employ over 20,000 Oklahomans statewide. The coalition is supported by both private and public funds. For more information, please visit www.miocoalition.com.