Familiy Support Groups
Family Support Groups
We all know that parenting takes a village. In the face of difficult challenges, support from those who have been there can be a saving grace. Below you will find a listing of groups in the metro area for a variety of families and situations. Since meeting dates and activities sometimes vary, please contact the group directly for more information.
Autism Oklahoma (315-6337, autismoklahoma.org)
- Offers parent groups throughout the state for parents with a child with autism.
Calm Waters (841-4800, www.calmwaters.org)
- Offers free grief and divorce support groups for children (3 – 18 years of age) and their families.
NAMI Oklahoma (1-800-583-1264, www.namioklahoma.org)
- Facilitates support groups, conduct education programs and seeks to increase understand and awareness of mental illness.
Oklahoma Autism Network (okautism.org/InformationReferral/SupportGroups.aspx)
- Connecting parents raising a child with ASD.
Oklahoma Family Network (271-5072, www.oklahomafamilynetwork.org )
- Connects individuals with special health care needs and disabilities, their families and professionals to services and supports in their communities.
Oklahoma Parents as Teachers (www.parentsasteachers.org)
- A FREE, voluntary parent education program designed to foster an early partnership between home and school.
Parents Help Parents (696-4357, www.parentshelpingparents.info)
- Offering resources, education and support for families dealing with a child of any age abusing alcohol or drugs.
Single Parent Network (917-1817, www.supportforsingleparents.org)
- Offering mentoring, education and support groups for single parents.
Smart Start Oklahoma (429-4219, www.smartstartok.org)
- Focuses on early childhood education and school readiness.
Thrive Mama Collective (365-MAMA, www.thrivemamacollective.com)
- Offers a variety of counseling and supports groups for moms.