Ten Places to Shop Locally This Holiday
Want to find great gifts and support the local economy at the same time? Locally-owned and operated retail outlets often offer something unique and special. We polled our readers for locally-owned places to find that perfect holiday gift and here are their top choices:
- Blue 7 (5028 N May Ave)
- Feathered Nest Market (6353 North MacArthur, Warr Acres)
- The Plaza District (NW 16th between Classen & Penn)
- Becky’s Gift Shoppe (8423 S. Western)
- Copelin’s Kidoodles Toy Zone (425 W. Main, Norman)
- On a Whim (5850 N. Classen)
- The Rink Gallery (3200 N Rockwell, Bethany)
- Caught in the Brambles (717 W. Main St, Yukon)
- Cobblestone Gifts & Interiors (6714 NW 39th Expressway, Bethany)
- Local museum gift shops (including Excavations at the Sam Noble Museum, The Museum Store at the National Cowboy & Wester History Museum, The Museum Store at the OKC Museum of Art, The Science Shop at Science Museum Oklahoma and Muse at the Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art.
Thanks to @CherGolding, @thelaurenbeck, Linda L, Kristen V, Erin H, Robin D, London W, Jaretta B and Kristi D for contributing to this list.
Join us at www.facebook.com/MetroFamily to contribute to our next “Top 10” list poll. Happy shopping!