Jun 13, 201203:57 PMCreative Parenting
Summertime is a great time to be outdoors! Help your child get in the spirit of exploration with these fun cardboard binoculars.
- 2 toilet paper rolls, or 1 paper towel roll cut in half
- Paints, markers or crayons
- Hole punch
- Stickers or other decorations
- Let you child decorate the cardboard rolls however they like with crayons, paints or markers.
- Glue the rolls together lengthwise (side by side)
- Use the hole punch to make one hole on each sides.
- Cut enough yarn so that the binoculars can hang around your neck like a necklace.
- String the yarn through the holes and tie a knot at the end to secure it.
- Add any stickers or embellishments desired to complete your binoculars
Then, take your new binoculars outside, discover new animals and have fun exploring!
Find more creative things for your family at Terri's Creative Parenting blog.